2500a Switchboard - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By glen1971
  • 2 Post By DashDingo
  • 1 Post By Zog

Old 08-27-2019, 05:33 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 14
Default 2500a Switchboard

the 2500a switchboard has been commisioned. I have a 1200a 800a and 5-400a breakers in switchboard. The drawings are very vague is there anything I am missing once we get ready to turn on breakers?
mannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2019, 06:09 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,860

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyb View Post
the 2500a switchboard has been commisioned. I have a 1200a 800a and 5-400a breakers in switchboard. The drawings are very vague is there anything I am missing once we get ready to turn on breakers?
Oh where to start...
Are the loads connected on the other end?
Are the breakers terminated?
Feeder cables meggered?
Voltage checks?
Coordination study done?
brian john likes this.
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen1971 View Post
Oh where to start...
Feeder cables meggered?
Voltage checks?
Coordination study done?
can you elaborate on coordination study? Would the settings on the 1200 and 800 breakers be determined by EE? The drawings are vague as to any settings or any test that needs to be done for equipment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2019, 10:17 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 20

Are the drawings as vague as your fricken post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
glen1971 and telsa like this.
DashDingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:56 PM   #5

Quote:
can you elaborate on coordination study? Would the settings on the 1200 and 800 breakers be determined by EE? The drawings are vague as to any settings or any test that needs to be done for equipment.
Do you know what a coordination study is?
Have you worked on switchgear of this size before?
Be honest, are you in over your head?
Old 08-28-2019, 12:16 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 930

Quote:
A coordination study is something that is your responsibility if you are furnishing and installing the board. It can cost big$. Are there specs on this job? If so...read them
cdslotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdslotz View Post
A coordination study is something that is your responsibility if you are furnishing and installing the board. It can cost big$. Are there specs on this job? If so...read them

Yes to all the comments above and no there arent any specs other than oneline and load analysis. I will request an RFI for this information from EE but I was looking for a little guidance with this project so if your willing I can provide all the information needed to get me down the road. I appreciate any help
Old 08-29-2019, 01:54 PM   #8
Zog

Rewards Points: 1,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen1971 View Post
Oh where to start...
Feeder cables meggered?
Voltage checks?
Coordination study done?
That is all covered during the commissioning process? Assuming he means commissioned by a 3rd party per ANSI/NETA ATS standards
brian john likes this.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog View Post
That is all covered during the commissioning process? Assuming he means commissioned by a 3rd party per ANSI/NETA ATS standards
And by the vagueness of the OP's original post, I would assume nothing.. The "commissioning" may have been a megger on the bus for all we know.. Megger feeders to the main breaker? Who knows..