Attic fan, possible short? - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bird dog
  • 1 Post By frenchelectrican
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 08:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 6
Default Attic fan, possible short?

Hey guys, new here, I have a question concerning a attic fan, I lived in this home I'm in now for almost 2 years, I had a electric problem, electrician came out and said too many "outlets" were on one circuit, and he advise me he could re-wire some outlets *which he would've charged me over 1000 bucks, I informed him that I didn't have it and he marked the ones that are on the same circuit so I wouldn't forget and wouldn't plug too much stuff in them, It's doing fine as is but one day I would like to get that fixed. I know what I just stated seems to have nothing to do with my next question but considering the problems I did have, brings me to the topic at hand, It's summer time in Alabama (well almost) got a window unit, and I have a Attic Fan, (On it's on Breaker/Circuit) would turning that on have any negative side effects on my electric? i.e send surges? Thanks guys
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2018, 08:32 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 7,051

Too many variables, not enough info. Does the fan work? What makes you think it has a short? Call a different electrician.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:32 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hey guys, new here, I have a question concerning a attic fan, I lived in this home I'm in now for almost 2 years, I had a electric problem, electrician came out and said too many "outlets" were on one circuit, and he advise me he could re-wire some outlets *which he would've charged me over 1000 bucks, I informed him that I didn't have it and he marked the ones that are on the same circuit so I wouldn't forget and wouldn't plug too much stuff in them, It's doing fine as is but one day I would like to get that fixed. I know what I just stated seems to have nothing to do with my next question but considering the problems I did have, brings me to the topic at hand, It's summer time in Alabama (well almost) got a window unit, and I have a Attic Fan, (On it's *OWN* Breaker/Circuit) would turning that on have any negative side effects on my electric? i.e send surges? Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2018, 08:33 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post
Too many variables, not enough info. Does the fan work? What makes you think it has a short? Call a different electrician.
Yeah fan works fine,
Old 05-07-2018, 08:41 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,674

Please go to http://www.diychatroom.com/f18/. ET is for electrical professionals only.
The_Modifier likes this.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:14 PM   #6
Modérateur

Rewards Points: 16,782

Ya should noted when you sign up on this forum here.,

Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.
The_Modifier likes this.
The_Modifier (05-08-2018)
Closed Thread