Clean Freaks - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Like Tree18Likes
  • 3 Post By HackWork
  • 2 Post By daveEM
  • 3 Post By 99cents
  • 1 Post By HackWork
  • 1 Post By daveEM
  • 4 Post By brian john
  • 4 Post By 99cents

Old 02-20-2017, 07:09 AM   #1
Petulant Amateur

Rewards Points: 11,673
Default Clean Freaks

Today my buddy and I work in a medical clinic. This place is super clean with medicinal grade flooring. No bargain bin jeans for me. I'm wearing Calvin Kleins and a nice golf shirt. I'll shave me up nice and buff up my beautiful bald head.

I have drop cloths, towels for the counter tops, blue booties and fresh bag in the vac. Did I miss anything?
99cents is online now   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2017, 07:14 AM   #2
Mensa Player

Rewards Points: 1,701

Dollar rolls of 9' X 12' .7 mil plastic to put on everything. Dust travels far in the air.

Towels and some drop cloths can allow dust thru, especially thin drywall dust.

Depending on what you are doing, it's often easy to make a tent around you by tucking plastic up into the ceiling tiles.
flyboy, 99cents and daveEM like this.
HackWork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:22 AM   #3
:-)

Rewards Points: 2,382

Not worked in one. The ones I've been in usually have pig-looking filthy construction workers with mud and snow and blood all over them.

I have some hair. Lost its color tho. Just a giant bald solar collector on the back which I cover up with my hat...

^^ Wife hates baseball caps, - especially Trumps MAGA one. Have to wear it in the closet.

Other than that I like to look pretty when I'm out and about. Keep my boots looking nice, - you don't have to on this job as you have the blue booties to wear.

Other than that Windex your tools, polish your tool bag, ladders through the car wash, the normal stuff eh?

I like perfect.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by daveEM; 02-20-2017 at 07:26 AM.
daveEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2017, 07:29 AM   #4
Petulant Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveEM View Post

Other than that Windex your tools, polish your tool bag, ladders through the car wash, the normal stuff eh?
Oops, too late for that. I did take out the tools, turn the bag upside down and give it a good shake. That did get rid of the wood shavings, loose fill insulation and other crud.
MechanicalDVR, daveEM and MikeFL like this.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:32 AM   #5
Mensa Player

No need for booties. Booties are for when you are working in a place in which you shouldn't be wearing shoes, like in a carpeted home. In a medical center your footwear is no different than all the patients and staff.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:32 AM   #6
Petulant Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackWork View Post
Dollar rolls of 9' X 12' .7 mil plastic to put on everything. Dust travels far in the air.

Towels and some drop cloths can allow dust thru, especially thin drywall dust.

Depending on what you are doing, it's often easy to make a tent around you by tucking plastic up into the ceiling tiles.
Good call on the plastic. I have a canvas drop cloth but picked up some long tarps as well. I'll ditch the canvas and use the tarps.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:34 AM   #7
Petulant Amateur

Quote:
No need for booties. Booties are for when you are working in a place in which you shouldn't be wearing shoes, like in a carpeted home. In a medical center your footwear is no different than all the patients and staff.
Patients take off their shoes at the door. I can't work in socks so I'll use the booties.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:37 AM   #8
Mensa Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99cents View Post
Patients take off their shoes at the door. I can't work in socks so I'll use the booties.
Wow, I never heard of that. Is this a Canadian custom? Or is it some type of Japanese voodoo place?
MechanicalDVR likes this.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #9
Petulant Amateur

Quote:
Wow, I never heard of that. Is this a Canadian custom? Or is it some type of Japanese voodoo place?
This place is incredible. The owner even piped in a special sound through speakers so voices don't travel.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:49 AM   #10
:-)

Rewards Points: 2,382

Must be some kind of OR, maybe an eye place where they do cataracts. Maybe dental? We don't have a lot of private operating room type stuff here.

Could be an ultrasound or x-ray place. Not sure why they would be super clean.
MechanicalDVR likes this.

I like perfect.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by daveEM; 02-20-2017 at 07:51 AM.
daveEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:25 AM   #11

Rewards Points: 1,588

Every OR I worked in they took care of all the cleaning.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #12
Old Grumpy Bastard

Rewards Points: 1,008

Quote:
Unless you are in non-patient areas like the MRI control room area or lab areas.

Always just a stallion in a china shop
MechanicalDVR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:47 AM   #13
Old Grumpy Bastard

Level 1: MRI or computer server facilities huge on keeping dust down and working clean. Especially the completely environmentally controlled ones that have elevated floors that are the hvac supply plenum.

Level 2: Verizon central offices in that they require specific drills with dust collection, HEPA filtered vacuums, walk off mats, and a specific mil thickness of anti static visqueen for dust barriers.

Level 3: Pharmaceutical packaging areas requiring, masks, hair nets, booties,Tyvek jump suits, etc.

Level 4: White rooms and surgical suites where you need to dress up like you are going into surgery and the room needs to be re-sterilized when you are done adjusting a thermostat and a shut down is required to change out an receptacle with a cracked face.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:21 AM   #14
Cow

Rewards Points: 4,590

Wear aviators so the nurses can't tell when you're checking them out...
Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:11 AM   #15
Petulant Amateur

Got 'er dun and this was my idea of the perfect job. In at 7:00, out at 3:30. We had to add a receptacle, move some data, break up a lighting circuit and put in some Lutron wireless. Professional client, no BS, easy in and out. It's sure nice to have a guy in your back pocket who understands data.

If I could do five of these a week I would be a happy guy .
Old 02-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #16
Old Grumpy Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99cents View Post
Got 'er dun and this was my idea of the perfect job. In at 7:00, out at 3:30. We had to add a receptacle, move some data, break up a lighting circuit and put in some Lutron wireless. Professional client, no BS, easy in and out. It's sure nice to have a guy in your back pocket who understands data.

If I could do five of these a week I would be a happy guy .
I miss those kind of days.