Comments and Actions on Jobs - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Old 03-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,050
Default Comments and Actions on Jobs

Some other thread reminded me of this. Here is a problem I'm having with a couple guys of mine. I've sort of talked to them about this but not stearnly yet, and they change a little but not what I want.

What I'm talking about is when they are talking about stuff while working and looking around a bunch. Like woman comments, going out to bar last night jokes, looking at personal belongings of customers (even if for curiosity) etc.. stuff like that while working. I keep telling them that people have hidden camera's, recorders, and you never know when they are standing behind you so don't talk at all other than work related. I know my 2 guys are trustworthy but someone else might not think so when they are looking at their things and dribbly talk they do. It's easy to offend people that's why I hint at them to not talk much on job.

Anyone else have same problem with workers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm shakin it boss..I'm shakin it
Cletis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
crispy critter

Rewards Points: 1,026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
Some other thread reminded me of this. Here is a problem I'm having with a couple guys of mine. I've sort of talked to them about this but not stearnly yet, and they change a little but not what I want.

What I'm talking about is when they are talking about stuff while working and looking around a bunch. Like woman comments, going out to bar last night jokes, looking at personal belongings of customers (even if for curiosity) etc.. stuff like that while working. I keep telling them that people have hidden camera's, recorders, and you never know when they are standing behind you so don't talk at all other than work related. I know my 2 guys are trustworthy but someone else might not think so when they are looking at their things and dribbly talk they do. It's easy to offend people that's why I hint at them to not talk much on job.

Do they have tatoos or scuffed up boots? If so use it as an excuse to fire them
Old 03-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,402

I had to get on to my FIL a few times, he would talk about the person and their house when we were just a few rooms away. About how messy a persons house was, or he'd always be saying "this is a real crappy paint job...." or "how much does this house cost", or an off-color joke that was really reserved for the ride home.

I know he was family, but I got into him for that stuff. I made a rule, no talking about the customer or anything unrealated till my van was out of their driveway......it still didnt really stop him, just slow him down.
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Professional Nit Picker

Rewards Points: 2,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by green light View Post
Do they have tatoos or scuffed up boots? If so use it as an excuse to fire them
If your going to be prejudicial at least use correct spelling !
Tattoo is spelled with 3 T's --
Old 03-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 150

I would fire a man for taking pictures of customers home
ptcrtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis

What makes you believe these guys are trustworthy ? The actions you describe are not consistent with someone who is trustworthy
Mr Rewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
Electron Flow Consultant

Rewards Points: 992

We are courteous and watch out tongues when working in the main office and engineering at the mill. Funny thing is a lot of the women are worse than us dirty construction guys.
sparky970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcrtn View Post
I would fire a man for taking pictures of customers home
That is funny Cletis fusses about men and takes pictures in "3 in a row" post
Comments and Actions on Jobs

Old 03-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #9

Rewards Points: 1,062

If they work for Cletis, I would like to see their pictures.

While on the subject of employees. It seems everyone here is the boss or owns the company. Do your guys use ET. Do they post and do you encourage them to join up and learn something? Or is that the last thing you would want is for your employees to see your posts?
John Valdes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 296

I've had to send one home for talking about a customer. I got rid of the problem by working alone now.
backstay is offline   Reply With Quote