Completed job pics - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Old 03-30-2007, 12:55 AM   #1
K&R

Rewards Points: 75
Default Completed job pics

We did this entire job. It was bare 1960's block walls when we started. It is a newly formed church. We did the electrical, plumbing, windows, framing, trim, drywall, and painting. Had to be done with a $6,000 budget.
Attached Thumbnails
Completed job pics-02172007-010-.jpg  

Completed job pics-02172007-003-.jpg  

K&R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2007, 12:57 AM   #2
K&R

A few more.
Attached Thumbnails
Completed job pics-02172007-001-.jpg  

Completed job pics-02172007-005-.jpg  

Completed job pics-02172007.jpg  

Old 03-30-2007, 01:00 AM   #3
Wire Ninja

Rewards Points: 1,421

I see something in that pic that you've done that I've never managed to pull off. The range hood, with no cabinet above.

Quite often, I have landlords asking me to do the same. (They get dinged during rental inspections for no mechanical ventillation in the kitchen if the kitchen doesn't have a window). I've never been able to suspend the hood with only a rear attachment. I generally screw it to the wall, and run #12 jack chain down on a 45 degree angle from the wall to support the front. A couple times I bought an el cheapo W3015 cabinet and installed it and bolted the range hood to it like normal. How'd you do it?

Last edited by MDShunk; 03-30-2007 at 01:04 AM.
MDShunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2007, 01:10 AM   #4
K&R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDShunk View Post
I see something in that pic that you've done that I've never managed to pull off. The range hood, with no cabinet above.

Quite often, I have landlords asking me to do the same. (They get dinged during rental inspections for no mechanical ventillation in the kitchen if the kitchen doesn't have a window). I've never been able to suspend the hood with only a rear attachment. I generally screw it to the wall, and run #12 jack chain down on a 45 degree angle from the wall to support the front. A couple times I bought an el cheapo W3015 cabinet and installed it and bolted the range hood to it like normal. How'd you do it?
It would be kinda pricey in your situation. I had to frame the wall and when I did it I planned for this by adding extra blocking knowing that they would not have the cash for cabinets for a few more months. Then I used 1 1/4" fender washers for extra support around the screw holes on the range hood.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:13 AM   #5
K&R

It was not the best situation in the world. Had one heck of a time coming in on the $6,000 budget. I am kind of a hard core business person alot of the time so I chalked this one up to my good deed for the year. The company made a whole $200 for 2 weeks work.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:15 AM   #6
Wire Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&R View Post
It was not the best situation in the world. Had one heck of a time coming in on the $6,000 budget. I am kind of a hard core business person alot of the time so I chalked this one up to my good deed for the year. The company made a whole $200 for 2 weeks work.
Well, at least it was a church. As long as you don't drive by and find out they're worshiping Satan, I think you'll be okay.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:46 AM   #7
Town Drunk

Rewards Points: 2

Nice job for a tight budget. How'd you do that outlet on the column? Is it steel?
It's not my fault, it's not my problem, I'm not your solution.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JohnJ0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:01 AM   #8
K&R

The column is steal and was existing. I tried to box it out but they would not allow me too. Said it would effect the look of the area. I thought yeah it would make it look better but just painted it. Just drilled, 1-hole strap, and some self tappers. They would not even allow me to buy a handy box cover for it had to use the plate that was there.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 1,714

I do not have any pictures BUT if you watch the DIY channel, one of the last residential projects I did was profiled today on This Old House, The Frederick Douglas House in Washington DC. I upgraded/replaced the fire alarm system in the mid 80's the house is presently under going a major renovation so I would imagine the system I installed will be replaced.
brian john is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #10
Wire Ninja

Cool!

(Feel old?)
Old 04-08-2007, 11:50 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&R View Post
We did this entire job. It was bare 1960's block walls when we started. It is a newly formed church. We did the electrical, plumbing, windows, framing, trim, drywall, and painting. Had to be done with a $6,000 budget.

So you did all this? I am just getting into the electircal industry but I would LOVE to remodel houses and be this handy...
pyroracing85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:42 AM   #12
K&R

Well as much as I would like to take all the credit I cannot. It was a team effort with my employees. We used it as a training exercise. I am trying to get the guys a bit more diversified. It was done in house I guess I should say. I showed my guys how to frame the walls and left them do it. One of our electricians did the wiring and my top plumber helped. The plumber did the plumbing and my top electrician helped. I then showed them how to hang and finish the Sheetrock. I sent my painter in and he gave everyone a crash course on using the airless and which end of the pole the roller is on. I gave them all a chance to use the HVLP gun to paint the trim (which for some reason seemed to be the one thing they all had trouble with). When all was said and done all I did was show a group of highly trained workers how to do things they were not used to doing. Although I did do all the trim work. That was too expensive to try and train someone on with a tight budget. The guys loved the chance to do something different, work with different tools, and just have a change in their daily job.