Conduit bending app - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cabletie

Old 08-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 46
Default Conduit bending app

In the thread on kick 90's Cabletie talked about the RIGIDPRO bending app. I went looking for it since his description of it made it seem very useful. Unfortunately it is only an iPhone app and I have an Android. I'm currently using the Conduit bender elite app as it's the best one I've used yet. Is there an Android bending app comparable the the RIGIDPRO one or is what I have the best I can get?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Forge Boyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2017, 07:29 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 44

There's an app called " iBend pipe"
FF301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2

Conduit runner pro. Its preaty good and easy to use

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
marcinkur78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2017, 07:50 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 46

Both of those seem to be about the same as what I have. I did find Quickbend, by the same guy that made RIGIDPRO, but it doesn't seem to be as powerful.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Forge Boyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 26

I use the "Electrical wiring lite" app. It has many features, including conduit bends. I've used it for some calculations, and it seems to be accurate when I compare it to my own work. It works great for what I use it for. They also have a paid version available with a few more features.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
WIsparky71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 1,274

I only have three to compare. I wanted one that I could tweek the shoe specs, and all three can. The RIGIDpro, Quick bend and the My bender app.

"My bender" was my first. I like that you start out loading your bender through a wizard. You make one 90 taking all the measurements before and after. Now it's set to the characteristics of your bender.

Next was RIGIDpro. Although you can tweek all the pre-loaded shoe specs, there is no wizard. So you have to test the takeup and radius. It gives all the measurements from the end of the conduit. So sometimes you just want the distance between bends you have to subtract the numbers it gives you.

The strong points are that everything is to the benchmark, so no flipping the conduit around for three and four point saddles.

Last was Quick bend by RIGIDpro. Also tweekable and pre-loaded with benders. Very easy to use and just gives you distance between bends. One thing I like about it is the quick center. Choose your bender, and it gives the distance from the benchmark to put lines on the conduit when it's straight. Put the conduit in and bend it to 45, then transpose the marks to the shoe for centers of the common bends.

No matter what app you use, I would want one that's tweekable. If it doesn't give a choice for Benders, it probably isn't allowing for the radius of the bend, and is just using the cosecant method. For the most part it doesn't matter until it matters.

All that being said I barely break out with an app to bend conduit, I guess I'm just more of a gadget guy.
TGGT likes this.
cabletie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cabletie For This Useful Post:
TGGT (08-13-2017)