Electrician Talk banner

Contractors

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  wildleg 
#1 ·
I can't believe that in the last week I had a fireplace inspection/cleaning company that I had an appointment with no show no call. And a drywall'r that I used to sub work to was supposed to come by today to look at work at my house and he no showed no called too. WTF. Both licensed and insured, not found on craigslist. I have a different fireplace company coming out on monday and I gave the drywall'r another shot because he does great work. He even told me how slow he was. I always called when I was late or had to reschedule. And the few times when I did make a scheduling mistake and didn't show up I usually would just pass on the work after that because I'd feel like such an idiot.

#2 ·
I need my flue cleaned too. Get this - some guy cold called me saying his company, "so and so chimney sweep", is offering a special on powerwashing. I say I don't need that, but I need a price on having my chimney done. He says he doesn't know anything about that they are just offering a special on the power washing. click. (you would think that this dumb a$$ add agency that's calling for a "chimney sweep" would at least ask for my number, apologize, and have someone call me. It's amazing how many dumb a$$es are out there)

#7 ·
If I am rich your the tooth fairy, trickle down economics is a thing of the past. Now the rich outsource,save and invest in company's that use foreign labor. the only trickle down economics that works is when company's cut jobs, costs and outsource so they can pay higher stock dividends.

#6 ·
I rub shoulders and make friendly with enough other contractors on the jobsite that I seldom have to cold call anyone. I do my plumbers's tankless water heater circuits and he does my plumbing. I do my Hvac guy's AC and furnace disconnects and he does my HVAC. I had to pay full price for my roof, I can't offer anything the roofer needs...

#9 ·
i don't swap much work with chimney sweeps, do you ? I've never used a chimney sweep. my flue is 10 yrs old now and I think I better have it cleaned tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.