Does Siemens replace Murray? - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By MechanicalDVR
  • 3 Post By HackWork
  • 1 Post By Bzzzzzt

Old 04-22-2017, 09:47 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 536
Default Does Siemens replace Murray?

I have a Murray LC230PC panel with a burnt bus. Does Siemens make a replacement for this, with copper bus? Customer doesnt want to pay to replace the whole panel.
John M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2017, 11:33 AM   #2
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 1,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M. View Post
I have a Murray LC230PC panel with a burnt bus. Does Siemens make a replacement for this, with copper bus? Customer doesnt want to pay to replace the whole panel.
I don't know, but Cutler Hammer makes listed replacement guts for existing panel cans. But that approach might be just as pricey as the replacement panel.
RePhase277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:40 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 3,072

I think the closest you'll find is a Murray LC3040B1200CU. You would have to check dimensions and door fit. This is a new panel. The only thing he'll save is the labor of swapping out the tub.
LC = load center
30 = 1" spaces
40 = max circuits
B = main breaker
1= single phase
200 = amperage
CU = copper bus
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2017, 01:56 PM   #4
Old Grumpy Bastard

Rewards Points: 1,010

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M. View Post
Sometimes they have to bite the bullet and do what needs to be done.

Always just a stallion in a china shop
MechanicalDVR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 02:57 PM   #5
Mensa Player

Rewards Points: 1,701

I just had a crotchety old geezer replace a panel for me in 3 hours while I threw wirenuts at him.

Don't let the customer's unwillingness to pay for a new panel make you do hours worth of free work finding new guts.
frenchelectrican, nrp3 and telsa like this.
HackWork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:44 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 76

When I run into this situation I usually go to the supply house and purchase a panel of similar construction with the same physical panel can size and just pull the guts out of it and put them in the existing panel can. Lots of times these new panels come with a few extra breakers. I have discovered that purchasing panel components is often more expensive than a whole panel. As long as you're not trying this with some old FPE stab-lok panels it's usually fairly easy to find a suitable replacement.
samgregger likes this.
Bzzzzzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:13 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,054

Siemens owns Murray, there is no difference other than the name. So yes, they are 100% interchangeable. If you can find a Siemens interior that matches, use it.