Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishing a 3/4" conduit

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dennis Alwon 
#1 ·
Need help with this one. I've got a 3/4" pvc conduit that runs underground 217'. I'm trying to fish a string or cord through it but can't get anything to go through.

I started with a 1/8" cord with a small cloth tied to it & was able to blow it through about 100', using an air compressor, then it stops. I also tried pushing small bailing wire throug but it also stopped. Air passes through with no trouble but nothing else.

The conduit has 2 slight arcs to it but no hard turns on the entire run. Ultimately I want to pull a single12/2 with ground romex through it.

Are there any fish tapes that are more than 200'? If so, is it likely that I can rent one?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

#2 ·
12/2 nm underground in pipe is not compliant.

Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.