Has anybody went to this school in Tennessee - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Old 09-29-2016, 01:48 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default Has anybody went to this school in Tennessee

Tennessee College of Applied Technology Has anybody been to this school? I'm interested in the Mechatronics program.

When I lived in Denver and worked on cars. There was this school called Lincoln tech and almost every shop I worked for would just throw the resume of those applicants in the trash. I kind of get the same feeling about this school.

Osuit in Oklahoma had a great Toyota training program and we got a lot of good guys from there. They have an instrumentation program

http://go.osuit.edu/academics/engine...tudy/associate

My Local community college has a mechatronics program and I know it's a good school I just want to get out of Missouri But I may stay just till I get through school I just don't if the program is sufficient enough

https://www.macc.edu/certificate-programs?id=1533

If someone could compare the two programs that would be great. I want to learn what I need to know If I need to learn more math or physics ect... to be successful I'm down to do it. (Idk if you guys allows links I apologize in advance) My ultimate goal Is to be a PLC/Controls/Pneumatics Technician Not an engineer. Another question is to do PLC work will I need a state license/apprentice for so long as if I were commercial electrician ect...? I've applied with apprenticeship programs like the Ibew in missouri, colorado, and arizona and CITC in colorado and plumbers local 8 in kansas city just for grins, and after applying with 140 contractors over the past year and few months and not hearing anything back I would rather just get the ball rolling than wait for somebody to give me success. I notice a lot of jobs want 5 year or more experience and entry level jobs don't seem to exist

Any advice would be great.
dsjkak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2016, 12:43 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 136

I know nothing about them, but I would find out if this is a for-profit school; many have closed their doors recently leaving students with credits that aren't accepted anywhere else. If they are a state run school, at least they won't disappear with your money.

Caveat Studentm Potentialis (not really Latin, but your should get the idea)
GrayHair is offline   Reply With Quote