Home Flipping company - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Like Tree31Likes

Old 11-11-2016, 03:09 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 656
Default Home Flipping company

just looking on some advice on closing the deal..A home flipping company met me at 2 properties for an estimate. They have more properties in the area, But do not have electrician for this part of the state they do business in. Great opportunity for me and I'm trying to strategize on how i can close this deal. The first estimate I'm doing is mostly made up of recessed lights around (28) and non grounded receptacles, that need new wire and devices... around (24) everything has full access as far as below and above. 1- level home. (8) cable jacks.... I usually do 125 a hole. I really want to get the job and have a shot of working with this company they are a country-wide franchise type flipping corporation... Would you drop price to 100 a hole in this situation where access is somewhat easy? I do have room to work with the price and still manage to be very profitable, but how to i play that fact?
WronGun is online now   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2016, 03:10 PM   #2
Big nosed attic troll

Rewards Points: 2,774

F word means no.
HackWork likes this.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majewski View Post
F word means no.
lol, what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
Mensa Player

Rewards Points: 1,701

Home flipping companies can be really bad to work for. They are only looking for it to look good on the surface, they want everything else to be done as cheap as possible, and they profit off of every cent that they beat you down.
micromind, zac, telsa and 1 others like this.
HackWork is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HackWork For This Useful Post:
zac (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 03:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackWork View Post
Home flipping companies can be really bad to work for. They are only looking for it to look good on the surface, they want everything else to be done as cheap as possible, and they profit off of every cent that they beat you down.

I totally figured this, they are in really expensive towns... High end homes...500k plus was one i looked at the other was an 800K+ home...Still, I suppose there is money to be made here?
Old 11-11-2016, 03:22 PM   #6
Big nosed attic troll

Sure you can make a buck or....many but you might also lose more.
The F word (flip) doesn't have a single positive thing about it.
They way I see it, they cut corners, alter your work, modify your work and pass on your info to the authorities when something goes bad. And that's if they don't screw with you on the way to finishing and getting paid!
micromind and telsa like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Majewski For This Useful Post:
WronGun (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 03:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majewski View Post
Sure you can make a buck or....many but you might also lose more.
The F word (flip) doesn't have a single positive thing about it.
They way I see it, they cut corners, alter your work, modify your work and pass on your info to the authorities when something goes bad. And that's if they don't screw with you on the way to finishing and getting paid!

good to know, i guess I'm not familiar with their reputation
Old 11-11-2016, 03:28 PM   #8
Big nosed attic troll

It's cool dude. I would think differently if it were to hang ONE fan or install ONE gfi but actual work, no way jose.

Flippers are typically scum in my experience from ground up, things get covered and prettied up for the sale, c ya later bye and wash/rinse/repeat.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:30 PM   #9

i will send them my full quote.... And if they don't call back , oh well.
They seemed very professional, uniforms, clean cut business type...supposedly, its one of the countries largest flipping organization company....they have over 500 franchises in the US....its def not what i expected when i went to go meet flippers

Last edited by WronGun; 11-11-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:34 PM   #10
Mensa Player

Rewards Points: 1,701

Even GC's have to answer to the homeowner. But House Flippers have no one to answer to. They do the work as cheap as possible as long as the outside surface looks good.

Since doing good work is meaningless to them, they will higher the cheapest contractor and then continue to beat him down.
telsa and Majewski like this.
HackWork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 03:38 PM   #11
Big nosed attic troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by WronGun View Post
They seemed very professional, uniforms, clean cut business type...supposedly, its one of the countries largest flipping organization company....they have over 500 franchises in the US....its def not what i expected when i went to go meet flippers
Take your bid and double it then add 250 for pita tax on having to make it.
TGGT likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Majewski For This Useful Post:
TGGT (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 06:46 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 1,112

Quote:
Is the company your referring to Home Vestors? We Buy Ugly Houses?
All of the franchise that I know use Handy men to do the work
I have never met one that was willing to pay contractor

But this is my experience yours could be different
Majewski likes this.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:48 PM   #13

Yes HomeVestors is the company .... they showed up in uniforms , seemed very professional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2016, 07:01 PM   #14

Rewards Points: 2,372

Name:  rabbit.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  11.4 KB

The fact that they are having trouble finding an electrician ?
When normal customers have no such problems
Should tell you something
RISKY !
micromind, TGGT and telsa like this.

Last edited by dmxtothemax; 11-11-2016 at 07:04 PM.
dmxtothemax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dmxtothemax For This Useful Post:
TGGT (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 07:11 PM   #15
Senile Member

Rewards Points: 16,283

Very good advice being given to you here. Run away run away. Macmikeman seal of approval.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:11 PM   #16

Default Home Flipping company

I don't get how it's risky ? I'll give them my price , if they want it they can call me back .....where's the risk? I saw nothing shady about the 2 guys i met .... they didn't say couldn't find anyone , they said they didn't have anyone for this territory... maybe I'm missing something here ? If they want to pay my price than what's the issue ? You think they are going to stiff me on the final ?

Last edited by WronGun; 11-11-2016 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:13 PM   #17
Senile Member

Rewards Points: 16,283

Oboy, somebody else isn't listening to macmikeman once again. Last guy I know who was like you and didn't listen ended up a broke down bird farmer.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmikeman View Post
Oboy, somebody else isn't listening to macmikeman once again. Last guy I know who was like you and didn't listen ended up a broke down bird farmer.

It's not that I'm not listening , I'm just wondering ? If someone wants to pay my price and follow my payment terms , I'm asking where's the problem ?

Old 11-11-2016, 07:26 PM   #19

Rewards Points: 25,884

Quote:
I don't get how it's risky ? I'll give them my price , if they want it they can call me back .....where's the risk? I saw nothing shady about the 2 guys i met .... they didn't say couldn't find anyone , they said they didn't have anyone for this territory... maybe I'm missing something here ? If they want to pay my price than what's the issue ? You think they are going to stiff me on the final ?

You might put your toe in the water... but you don't really want this outfit to consume your imagination, your time, or your calendar.

You should aim high, and hope they go away.

You can take it as a given that they are ALWAYS shopping for a cheaper contractor -- across the board.

It's a reasonable bet that they already have an EC, too.

Their game plan can only take one form: get rolling ASAP... then cram down every tradesman they can... replacing each and every man with a cheaper, faster trooper. This swap out of talent is at the core of their business model. Hence, they are worthless as even a medium term business prospect.
WronGun likes this.
telsa is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to telsa For This Useful Post:
WronGun (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 07:35 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by telsa View Post
You might put your toe in the water... but you don't really want this outfit to consume your imagination, your time, or your calendar.

You should aim high, and hope they go away.

You can take it as a given that they are ALWAYS shopping for a cheaper contractor -- across the board.

It's a reasonable bet that they already have an EC, too.

Their game plan can only take one form: get rolling ASAP... then cram down every tradesman they can... replacing each and every man with a cheaper, faster trooper. This swap out of talent is at the core of their business model. Hence, they are worthless as even a medium term business prospect.

I get it, makes sense