Electrician Talk banner

How I spent my Sunday....

6K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  RobRoy 
#1 · (Edited)
This was after already working a 70 hour week:thumbup:! Yes, I am happy to be this busy.:icon_cheesygrin:

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
1/4" lags into 1" plywood

The panel trans is 1/4" lags on the bottom going into the cross arm, and 3/8" bolts connected to strut on the backside for the top. This shît is stout. Did you notice the 3" holes around the cross arm bolts going into the telephone pole? When the backboard fails, the cross arms stay. Bingo-Bango:thumbup:

I normally tap and thread bolts when we have metal back panels.

Attachments

#10 ·
Salvatoreg02 said:
The weather looks warm.

Sent from my iPhone using ET Forum
No complaints here.:whistling2::thumbup:

Attachments

#21 ·
Can you take a pic of the back of it??? I'm trying to figure out your cross arm thing to keep it from Flip Flopping.

What are lags around outer perimeter for ?

Looks sleek. I think Inphase may approve with his discerning taste.:thumbup:
I'm going to a different lease today. I'll probably end up there at some point, as they call me often. :thumbup:

I'll take some better pics.

#28 ·
The only thing different I would have done is set 2 more post on both sides to give it a bit more stability. Other than that looks really cool
I was going to set a piece of deep strut in the ground ,with some sacks of concrete on each end, but this thing doesn't even wobble at all. I think the 1" plywood helped that.

Besides that, it passed inspection, and I have much bigger fish to fry.

I have to separate my $3000 of truck stock out of that mess!

This back panel is setup for a PLC with solar panel.

#33 ·
That is some sharp looking work! Do you do a lot of oil field work or do you do a variety of industrial? That looks like fun! I am on the verge of getting my NH journeyman's license, and crawlspaces and romex are getting old fast!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.