Electrician Talk banner

inspection repair

2K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  MechanicalDVR 
#1 ·
got a call today about a home inspection report from a buyer and this was one of the items he wanted me to "fix"

Needs Repair: Main Electrical Panel -
Animal in Electrical Panel - Observed a snake in the main electrical panel. (See Photo) Occasionally, animals enter these panels and
make contact with the live portions of the system resulting in their death. The remains of these animals can be dangerous to touch as they
may allow the electrical current to pass on to the person touching them, and can be fire hazards all on their own. Recommend that a
professional electrical contractor remove the animal remains from the panel.

Just found it humorous but whats the oddest request you've ever had?

#2 ·
just found this on the same inspection report

b.) Interior Light Source Not Provided at Egress Door - The rear egress door is not provided with a light switch that turns on a light
source inside the house. Due to personal safety concerns, standard lighting practices call for a light source to be provided at all egress
doors so that safe passage is provided from all entrances areas to the house where passage through the room may be required when
natural lighting conditions are not present. Have professional electrical contractor verify that all electrical requirements with respect to
access to lighting are being provided in the house.

#5 ·
I heard a story about a guy (yes he is an electrician) that grounded his bed frame because of stray voltage/EMF's/whatnot. It was all great until one night he was lying in bed during a thunderstorm and got to thinking about what might happen if lightning struck his house. At that point he got up and cut the ground wire.

#14 ·
Just found it humorous but whats the oddest request you've ever had?
To wire up an attic (pull down stairs) just like it was a living space (lights and receptacles) and add air conditioning so when the HO went up there it was comfortable.

The space was not high enough ( trusses) to make rooms out of or use for more than storage.

Going back there many times on the last visit the attic was still just storage but a comfortable 74F.

#16 ·
To wire up an attic (pull down stairs) just like it was a living space (lights and receptacles) and add air conditioning so when the HO went up there it was comfortable.

The space was not high enough ( trusses) to make rooms out of or use for more than storage.

Going back there many times on the last visit the attic was still just storage but a comfortable 74F.
I actually have one like that I have to disconnect the wiring from Friday.

Im still trying to figure out how they got the tv up there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.