Electrician Talk banner

Just got my interview score from 332

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bootss 
#1 ·
They gave me an 81.80. Not going to lie, I wish I had done a little better, but then again that's just the competitive nature in me. Speaking of which, I don't feel this score is terribly competitive.

Anyways, the letter goes on to say that "The JATC is not assigning numbers on the list, simply because the ranking list changes each time the JATC interviews new applicants. Your score though, will not change, it is 81.80."

Just looking for some insight here, I'm sure it's hard to speculate but does it look like I have a chance to make it into the next class? I sure hope so as this has been a long ride!

Thanks

#2 ·
Do what you can to get into the Union but in the meantime seek out other avenues.

get into a comprehensive trade school or Community College electrical program.apply at some electrical contractors and electric motor repair shops to see if you can get employment.

hook up with your local Habitat for Humanity and donate as much time with them as possible this will help you get residential experience.

Note:the time that you donate to habitat will look very good on any resume union or nonunion.plus the networking aspect may lead to possible jobs or careers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.