Maintenance Schedule - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Lone Crapshooter
  • 1 Post By splatz
  • 1 Post By LuckyLuke

Old 11-08-2016, 11:17 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 546
Default Maintenance Schedule

We are using an old excel sheet and was wondering what some of you use for a electrical maintenance schedule on equipment. Any software advice out there that isn't ridiculously expensive?

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,184

SAP software can run all of your maintenance .
MechanicalDVR and V-Dough like this.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
Hackenschmidt

Rewards Points: 4,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Crapshooter View Post
SAP software can run all of your maintenance .
AND you get a lot of other features for the $half million.

You could use a shared calendar on a Google account, that's simple and cheap / free. If your company uses Outlook / Exchange / Office365, you could make a calendar in there easily too.
Big John likes this.
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2016, 03:08 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatz View Post
AND you get a lot of other features for the $half million.

You could use a shared calendar on a Google account, that's simple and cheap / free. If your company uses Outlook / Exchange / Office365, you could make a calendar in there easily too.
Looked into doing it that way but was hoping for something that speeds up the layout process. Between our largest customers we are looking at about 1200 motors alone.
splatz likes this.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:25 PM   #5
Donuts > Fried Eggs

Rewards Points: 300

I wouldn't wish SAP on my worst enemy. What an absolute nightmare of a system.

Unless you're literally tracking thousands of individual tasks, I think Excel and simple email calendars are the way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
...Between our largest customers we are looking at about 1200 motors alone.
But surely there's a way to break that down into manageable groups?

It wouldn't make sense to track multiple customers in the same account to begin with.

We havel maintenance programs for each customer, broken down by location, then by facility and then by asset IDs at each facility.

We dont care about maintenance notifications for motor 20745225-A3. We only care if a specific facility has been maintained according to schedule, and we know that motor is on the maintenance schedule.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always wear your gloves.

Last edited by Big John; 11-08-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 526

Anything, including SAP has to be better than J.D. Edwards. I hope ISIS takes to JDE to maintain their fleet of weapons. They will lose for sure. And I swear that's why they pay me so much here... to tangle with this J.D.E.Pile.Of.S.
al_smelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:09 PM   #7
Hackenschmidt

Rewards Points: 4,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
Looked into doing it that way but was hoping for something that speeds up the layout process. Between our largest customers we are looking at about 1200 motors alone.
It is possible to initially lay out the events / tasks in Excel or other format and import them into a Google calendar, then maintain the calendar in the web interface or Outlook.