Electrician Talk banner

Masters test maryland

659 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  brian john 
#1 ·
Need to pass. Many years been out of school. Bought the 2020 code book. Took some free tests. All coming back to me.

Would you suggest purchasing mike holt exam prep $85? Attend a brush up course? Go back to school? Become an accountant? Pan handle?

#4 ·
The best option is to take a course in your area that specifically promotes passing that specific test.

Not a code course, you are not trying to learn code. You are trying to pass that particular test. A good course in the area will know the questions and teach you the answers.

#6 ·
I'd expect they do a good job of teaching you how to pass the test by solving problems. Not so sure I'd make a public statement about cheating on a professional licensure exam.

I've taken many professional tests and been through state licensing hundreds of times including testing, license applications, disciplinary hearings before the board, etc. It's my experience that you need to learn the language they use on the test. They are not necessarily trick questions, but the way to solve the problems is not necessarily the first thing that comes to mind. As you perform practice questions, you'll see why it's not the answer you thought it was.

You need to learn to solve the problems on the test. You need to know code theory but not the code. You need to learn how to look up material in the reference materials they say will be included on the test. Don't try to remember tables, etc. Learn how to use the index, table of contents, etc.

The more practice questions you can get, the better. Expect to get <50% correct on your first attempt. That's normal. Don't let it get you down. Then when you see the answer that's correct you'll understand how they word the test questions, and you'll do better on the next round of questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.