MIA for a few months and decided to go country - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Old 01-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75
Default MIA for a few months and decided to go country

Found a new home out in the country. Figured it was much needed and city life was just getting too crowded. Country life does have it's advantages and I'm enjoying it so much............ for all you haters that pissed me off about the NEW tools I was selling. I must admit I was upset but I managed to get over it and worked my butt off to save enough money to move to a NEW place. I've been working in NASA Langley Virginia and making scale pay, plenty of overtime and now I can at least enjoy my hard work. The house is located on 5 acres with no neighbors around me. The house is about 3600 sq ft of living and only about a year old. The upstairs needs attention and I've been busy on my spare time fixing it up. Anyways I just wanted to tell you guys I'm still alive and kicking and life is good. *Blessed*

[email protected]

This what what I did the past few weeks ..... cut wood, cut wood, cut wood. Painted the bathrroom to a specific color for my wifes liking. Managed to do some drywall and put up a venting system for the boys room. Might be ready by the end of the week? I also have a dedicated music room that needs flooring done, not sure... carpet would be easy or wood flooring for better acoustics. My major hurdle is MY room ...... I'm making it strickly an entertainment room with a large flat screen TV and possible a pool table and pinball machine. I think it's going to take a couple months but will see depending how much my body can take it. I might cheat and call someone to finish the job. :grrr:

Last edited by gatti; 01-17-2009 at 06:27 PM.
gatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #2

Here are a few more pics, mostly the upstairs. Work in progress. Dedicated music room and the boys room above the garage. Almost there. Finished wiring up the dual zone heating/ac upstairs to the 3 rooms.

[email protected]

Last edited by gatti; 01-17-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #3

Last ones ......... plan on making this the entertainment room. Lots of work ahead. lol

[email protected]

My babies resting for the winter.

This makes it well worth it seeing there is absolutely nothing near me ....... Virgin country! FTW

Last edited by gatti; 01-17-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 126

gatti, good to see you back. I wondered if the tool thing made you leave. Love the house and the fact it is secluded. My wife loves the drum set. She wants to get some, but now she just has to enjoy the drum machine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfan View Post
gatti, good to see you back. I wondered if the tool thing made you leave. Love the house and the fact it is secluded. My wife loves the drum set. She wants to get some, but now she just has to enjoy the drum machine.

Thanks man, the drum set never had the chance to be used correctly when we had neighbors in our other house. Now it get's plenty of use living out in the country with no fear of noise complaints. Funny how the Electric drum machine doesn't get much attention now and it was completely the same opposite when we lived in the city.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #6
R.I.P. 2014

Rewards Points: 4

Welcome back bro, wondered where you disappeared too.
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

"One Nation Under God"
randomkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkiller View Post
Welcome back bro, wondered where you disappeared too.

Thanks Random, I've been pretty busy and have alot of projects that should carry me for a couple years.

[email protected]
Old 01-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #8

Added another project on top of the other projects ........ just received part of a shipment of Surround speaker kit to wire up every dam room in the house including the garage and back deck. Not sure when the other half will be here but I hope I can get this job done in time before I go back to regular schedule at NASA ....... I'm missing that overtime pay already.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:33 AM   #9
ACB

Nice place!!!
Lived most of my life in the country and still do, would do almost anything to never live in the city again, though it keeps creeping closer every year. might have to sell and move in the next few years.
ACB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 250

Nice place man, like what you have done so far, I too have not been around much. Been looking for work everywhere, even been doing some crappy jobs just to pay the bills, man I am tired of this ****.

But you my friend have cheered me up. Thankyou.
Ecopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 2,000

Nice lookin house. Looks like you have some rec. spacing issues on the upstairs just messing with you.
william1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #12
Wire Ninja

Rewards Points: 1,421

Looks like it's nice, growing up Gatti.
MDShunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:24 AM   #13

Rewards Points: 524

Nice place. I'm still mixed on the city/country situation. Neighbors can be a life saver but they can also be the biggest pain in the ass.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #14

**UPDATE** Damn already 1 year passed by and one room left to complete. I've been extremely busy with work, the kids, school and other projects..... just feels like a year has gone by so quickly. I also picked up another toy for me and my boys. Hopefully I can find time to play before I start my new job as an Aerial Barehands Lineman in a few weeks. Going to be fun but will require out of town travels for a couple months. Anyways here are a few pics of the 2 rooms. Entertainment room became the music room and the one above the garage will be a spare room. One room still not complete as you see most of tools ended up in. Hopefully when I get back it will be done. Maybe start a new project and build my dream 3 car garage somewhere out back. Good to see some of you are still here.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:52 PM   #15

Here's my new toy. She looks great next to 68 Camaro. LOL

Old 02-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #16

Peace everyone.... Be SAFE!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #17

Rewards Points: 1,008

I know were you live! I seen the pics of the house and recognize it. Just down the road from the High School right?
dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #18

Wholly crap! Small world man. Where abouts are you and what company you with? Just curious. Hehe
Old 02-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #19

Rewards Points: 1,008

I will PM you.
dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #20
Senior Estimator

Rewards Points: 150

No keyboards in the music room? I'm hurt! (well... not really). I guess I can't come jam with you if you got no keyboards.
chiefestimator is offline   Reply With Quote