Michelin Tech Scholar, good opportunity? - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Old 04-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 49
Default Michelin Tech Scholar, good opportunity?

Has anyone here ever worked for Michelin as an electrician (electrical troubleshooter)?

I passed the tests for their tech scholar program and have an interview on Friday.
Essentially they will pay for all of my school (4 more semesters) and I will be working 20 or so hrs a week at the plant. When I finish school and pass a third test they will hire me full time at 24/hr and send me for additional training in NC for 9 weeks.

Has anyone ever gone through this program or known of anyone who works with Michelin? It sounds like an awesome opportunity to me and I like the advancement opportunities that are available.

Any pointers or advice for someone green to the electric trade would be greatly appreciated as well as any more specific info pertaining to industrial electrical and working in a production environment.

Thank you,

Seth
sethmeisterflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 9,320

I think if you can make $24 an hour in Alabama and not have to take your clothes off, it is called an opportunity.
Southeast Power is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Southeast Power For This Useful Post:
chicken steve (04-09-2014), walkerj (04-02-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 04:18 PM   #3

Well, that seems to be the general consensus around here. There are some people who "have" money but the wealth gap is kind of bad, which is good for the middle class because things are more affordable.

Update on the job:
I had my interview last Friday and am waiting to hear back from them, I feel like it went well and hopefully will hear back from them sometime this week. My guess, they're running a background check which takes a few days usually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Hello, I am planning on taking the Michelin test at school soon and was wondering if you would mind giving advise on specifically what to study for preparation. Thanks
Oglethorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oglethorpe View Post
Hello, I am planning on taking the Michelin test at school soon and was wondering if you would mind giving advise on specifically what to study for preparation. Thanks
It's predominately math and mechanical comprehension. The test was written in the 50's so it's a little bit old school. The problems are not advanced, they're simple shop math. Like long division and fraction conversions, but no calculator is allowed and there's a time limit, that's where the pressure cook comes in. It's not hard, but it will feel hard because of the time limit. Two parts, first part math and second part mechanical, it's a scan tron. Me and one other guy passed it, but I didn't even get the job. They probably didn't like something about me. Who know's?

-Seth