Electrician Talk banner

On my way to this today

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Shockdoc 
#1 ·
This is for an illegal three family home around the corner from me, getting an upgrade and sub on the second floor. Bought GE 32/40 and 8/16 panel yesterday.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I hate when jackasses replace the panel and mount it as high to the plate like that. I know almost every conductor it that box will need to be extended. One tenant is a pain in the ass, asking too many questions as if he owns the joint.

#18 ·
possibly one of those deals where , if you pull a permit, the entire state of NY's bureaucrats have a proverbial foot in the door Doc?

~CS~
I'm doing a private Underwriters tomorrow for the owners records.

#12 ·
Sometimes filing papers for an inspection alerts the building dept. and opens up a can of worms for the building owner..

I don't know of any laws that punish the EC for not filing for inspection..

Here on Long Island each little town where Doc is working has their own rules and regulations..

Sometimes it is better to do the work like a panel change and not get it inspected..

#17 ·
Split up the floors, builders EC brought HR up to 2nd fl. kitchen light, hit bath and bedroom........then went downstairs to hit bedroom and bath. Install that sub panel and split the floors apart.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.