Need Type CH Main Breaker Panel Bus Stab - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Majewski
  • 2 Post By Southeast Power
  • 2 Post By zac
  • 1 Post By MechanicalDVR
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 10:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 2
Default Need Type CH Main Breaker Panel Bus Stab

My Cutler Hammer 200V Main breaker panel is missing a bus stab. In this 15 yr old panel they are held on by a single bolt that must have fallen off. This part is not sold as a "renew" part so Eaton was no help.

My panel has two types of bus stabs and I need the smaller of the two that has the bolt in between two "stabs" protruding from the rectangular metal piece. I have a picture of the missing part but was not able to post the picture in this forum.

Anyone know where I can get one of these?

Thanks!
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2016, 10:47 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHomeOwner View Post
My Cutler Hammer 200V Main breaker panel is missing a bus stab. In this 15 yr old panel they are held on by a single bolt that must have fallen off. This part is not sold as a "renew" part so Eaton was no help.

My panel has two types of bus stabs and I need the smaller of the two that has the bolt in between two "stabs" protruding from the rectangular metal piece. I have a picture of the missing part but was not able to post the picture in this forum.

Anyone know where I can get one of these?

Thanks!
Not sure what a 200V main breaker panel is. Cutler Hammer does put model numbers on their panels.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:48 PM   #3
Big nosed attic troll

Rewards Points: 2,774

Call a local sparky to come out and help.
MechanicalDVR likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2016, 03:55 AM   #4
86 45 20

Rewards Points: 8,146

Ok, just trying to understand something.
You just discovered, after 15 years, that the bolt holding the main breaker onto the bus is missing?
Or,
Is this a surplus loadcenter?
The_Modifier and Majewski like this.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:07 AM   #5
zac

Rewards Points: 818

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
glen1971 and Majewski like this.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:32 AM   #6
86 45 20

Rewards Points: 8,146

Ok, I think I might understand.
The bus part you are looking for, would that be for the branch breakers?
Would this screw onto the busbar somewhere near the bottom of the bus and have two sizes. One for let's say, to keep it simple, black and one for red "phase"?
Old 12-31-2016, 06:53 AM   #7
Old Grumpy Bastard

Rewards Points: 1,008

Do the right thing. Be safe. Call a licensed electrician.

IBTL
The_Modifier likes this.

Always just a stallion in a china shop
Old 12-31-2016, 07:37 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 556

Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area.

If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.
The_Modifier (12-31-2016)
Closed Thread