The ongoing nightmare(pics) - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Old 12-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
felonious smile.

Rewards Points: 572
Default The ongoing nightmare(pics)

This is the nightmare , nice things electricians past got away with
Attached Thumbnails
The ongoing nightmare(pics)-100_0044.jpg  

The ongoing nightmare(pics)-100_0043.jpg  

The ongoing nightmare(pics)-100_0047.jpg  

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
RIP 1959-2015

Rewards Points: 1,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockdoc View Post
This is the nightmare , nice things electricians past got away with
110.12 ?
HARRY304E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRY304E View Post
110.12 ?
The most important one in IMO. AT least while your working the basement toilet is right there on your left.
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
felonious smile.

All that equipment is getting replaced and relocated outside w/ new SqD multistacks and a 400 amp main and riser. I'm currently rewiring old apartments that had only 2 circuits or hack wiremold work with all new MC snaked in the plaster walls. Its a PITA. I needed this one right before Christmas. Plus I got two stores on the main level next month. This whole meter set up plus one store is currently operating off 150 amps and flickering. The building next door is a clone of what I'm working on and owned by an electrical contractor, suprisingly he asked me to do some electrical repairs on his property ....... And yes, I've been mighty miserable everynight returning from this job.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
felonious smile.

This was another section of the building I upgraded early this year. There was a cost issue so I moved the apartments panels outside for 24 hr access.
Attached Thumbnails
The ongoing nightmare(pics)-100_0037.jpg  

Old 12-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
B4T
Scotchkote Installer

Rewards Points: 15,378

Nice job.. got balance on both sides..

At least you can mount the meter stacks without having to touch the inside nightmare

Any problem making a new riser next to the old one?
Old 12-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
felonious smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4T View Post
Nice job.. got balance on both sides..

At least you can mount the meter stacks without having to touch the inside nightmare

Any problem making a new riser next to the old one?
Existing riser is a cluster of old nasty aluminum ser( 3ph). Two are coming out for my 400 amp which will have to 90 across and the 90 up to avoid windows. The third riser belongs to the adjoining building owned by the electrician. That whole inside nightmare is making a vanishing act as the job progresses.

Last edited by Shockdoc; 12-02-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Shockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #8
felonious smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkessler View Post
The most important one in IMO. AT least while your working the basement toilet is right there on your left.
Heat and the "toilet", combination for a perfect winter job ....Demo guys were nice enough to leave an actual toilet intact in the old store. Last year I got stuck out in the cold with snow,an outhouse and no heat. The big guy above looked out for me.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #9
felonious smile.

Change in plans that create a PITA, new multi stack equipment will be located in same location in basement, any ideas on how to keep this place up and running during the transitition. My thoughts are loosening and pulling old 8 ckt panels to units not rewired yet back and temping them non metered from old incoming main , clean wall, New treated plywood and service equipment and then continue with new sub feeders and panels in each unit. Any input?
Old 12-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #10
zap

Rewards Points: 1,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockdoc View Post
Change in plans that create a PITA, new multi stack equipment will be located in same location in basement, any ideas on how to keep this place up and running during the transitition. My thoughts are loosening and pulling old 8 ckt panels to units not rewired yet back and temping them non metered from old incoming main , clean wall, New treated plywood and service equipment and then continue with new sub feeders and panels in each unit. Any input?

Are you going to have the head room to put the new stuff down there? The white pipe seems to be in the way. It always intresting to see how people hack stuff together like that but I see $$$$ rolling across my screen.
tates1882 is offline   Reply With Quote