Organizing truck - Page 2 - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 02:28 AM   #21
Never Used Scotchkote
 
JoeKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,811
Rewards Points: 2,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220/221

I do need a guy to take over the bucket truck. My guy has been with us for 15 years and is retiring soon. Summers are brutal but winters are unbelievable.
Where are you located?
__________________
Don't believe me? too bad....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JoeKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,330
Rewards Points: 1,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220/221 View Post
Nice.

Where did the metal pull out drawers come from?
American Van. The drawers are 4' long. I use it every day. This photo was after a fresh coat of paint.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #23
Spaghetti Cleaner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 928
Rewards Points: 540
Default

I like that ladder storage setup.
__________________
Thread shorter.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sarness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #24
evil bastard
 
mcclary's electrical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: State of Euphoria
Posts: 15,771
Rewards Points: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKP

Where are you located?
http://www.econo-light.com/
mcclary's electrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Cletis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: georgia
Posts: 10,316
Rewards Points: 2,050
Default Setup

Man. I love that setup. I'm going to tweak it a bit because my work is heavier on the service end resi and commercial and very little new contruction other than owner only work (no GC's). You seem to do alot more pvc work as well. That's a hell of a lot of wire you carry. How many month supply is that? Hope you don't mind if a plagerize you? I'm transitioning my van fleet into 12ft box trucks. I'll take photo's and post when all done.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm shakin it boss..I'm shakin it
Cletis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
220/221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,642
Rewards Points: 4,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
Man. I love that setup. I'm going to tweak it a bit because my work is heavier on the service end resi and commercial and very little new contruction other than owner only work (no GC's). You seem to do alot more pvc work as well. That's a hell of a lot of wire you carry. How many month supply is that? Hope you don't mind if a plagerize you? I'm transitioning my van fleet into 12ft box trucks. I'll take photo's and post when all done.

We don't do any new construction. All service and remodel, commercial and resi.

PVC is all we use underground. It it cheap, lightweight and I have the room so I fill up the bins with 1/2" to 2.5" so I will generally be covered.

I always like to have enough of the right kind of wire on board. It's however not cheap or lightweight.

The resi guys go thru rolls of 12 and 14 pretty quick, often in a day's work. The idea is to always have a a couple rolls of each on the truck. Nothing feels dumber than running out of romex that you install every day

I've been doing mostly commercial stuff so it's not uncommon for romex to last forever on my truck while the thhn sometimes gathers dust on theirs.

The goal is to have all the trucks be capable of doing whatever the market dictates.
220/221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
sparkie2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 566
Rewards Points: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220/221

We don't do any new construction. All service and remodel, commercial and resi.

PVC is all we use underground. It it cheap, lightweight and I have the room so I fill up the bins with 1/2" to 2.5" so I will generally be covered.

I always like to have enough of the right kind of wire on board. It's however not cheap or lightweight.

The resi guys go thru rolls of 12 and 14 pretty quick, often in a day's work. The idea is to always have a a couple rolls of each on the truck. Nothing feels dumber than running out of romex that you install every day

I've been doing mostly commercial stuff so it's not uncommon for romex to last forever on my truck while the thhn sometimes gathers dust on theirs.

The goal is to have all the trucks be capable of doing whatever the market dictates.
I would like to have a van box or a sprinter. It's hard to get this junk in and getting it out
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing truck-image-1679991331.jpg  

Organizing truck-image-1154402453.jpg  

__________________
Today is a Wonderful DAY!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sparkie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #28
felonious smile.
 
Shockdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island,NY & Poconos
Posts: 15,934
Rewards Points: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie2010 View Post
I would like to have a van box or a sprinter. It's hard to get this junk in and getting it out
I'm getting tired of my Noline van since I'm out growing it, that makes me thankful for what I have.
__________________
Clean this mess up before we all end up in jail, the test tubes and the scale. Just get it all out of here. Is there gas in the car?
Shockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #29
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: illinois
Posts: 96
Rewards Points: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220/221 View Post
We don't do any new construction. All service and remodel, commercial and resi.

PVC is all we use underground. It it cheap, lightweight and I have the room so I fill up the bins with 1/2" to 2.5" so I will generally be covered.

I always like to have enough of the right kind of wire on board. It's however not cheap or lightweight.

The resi guys go thru rolls of 12 and 14 pretty quick, often in a day's work. The idea is to always have a a couple rolls of each on the truck. Nothing feels dumber than running out of romex that you install every day

I've been doing mostly commercial stuff so it's not uncommon for romex to last forever on my truck while the thhn sometimes gathers dust on theirs.

The goal is to have all the trucks be capable of doing whatever the market dictates.
Our vans have 6 grand in stock what do you estimate you are carrying?
stlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
220/221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,642
Rewards Points: 4,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouis View Post
Our vans have 6 grand in stock what do you estimate you are carrying?
I have no idea.

Obviously I'm not the brains of the operation.
220/221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:31 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: us
Posts: 1,525
Rewards Points: 1,000
Default

How do you get your guys to put things back where they belong? Do they stay that organized all the time?
yrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
220/221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7,642
Rewards Points: 4,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrman View Post
How do you get your guys to put things back where they belong? Do they stay that organized all the time?
They are all over 5 years old now and they are in really good shape. They get cleaned out every morning. It's generally not more than a 5/10 minute job.There isn't really an option of leaving it a mess because you'd be tripping over stuff all day long if you don't put stuff back.

The apprentices used to do it while the Jmen were getting lined out for the day. Now there is one apprentice that gets passed around between 4 guys and all the prima donnas including me have to muck out our own mess.

Keeping the stock replenished was easier when we were really busy. Everyone would write up the materials used per job on an invoice and we had someone in the warehouse that would replace the stock daily. Work is still slow and everyone has to keep up their own truck.
220/221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Podagrower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Fl
Posts: 1,323
Rewards Points: 568
Default

I'm going to revive/hijack this thread a little. I've been looking for a better way to keep track of inventory between the van, the shed, and the garage. I found an app that will build an Excel based inventory off of bar codes and QR codes.
Played around with QR code online for 5 minutes to make sure I could do what I wanted, print plain text. So, I'm thinking some adhesive labels in the van for wire and things that don't have bar codes. Since it's Excel based, I will be able to see it on my phone, tablet, or laptop. Should be easy to use it for billing too.
Anybody else tried this yet?
Podagrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #34
Never Used Scotchkote
 
JoeKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,811
Rewards Points: 2,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podagrower
I'm going to revive/hijack this thread a little. I've been looking for a better way to keep track of inventory between the van, the shed, and the garage. I found an app that will build an Excel based inventory off of bar codes and QR codes.
Played around with QR code online for 5 minutes to make sure I could do what I wanted, print plain text. So, I'm thinking some adhesive labels in the van for wire and things that don't have bar codes. Since it's Excel based, I will be able to see it on my phone, tablet, or laptop. Should be easy to use it for billing too.
Anybody else tried this yet?
I want to but I can't keep the attention span to do it. Started to do it to keep track of tools. But that didn't last long.
__________________
Don't believe me? too bad....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JoeKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
sparkie2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 566
Rewards Points: 510
Default

Your supply house will give you the UPC codes
__________________
Today is a Wonderful DAY!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sparkie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photo organizing software recommendations wanted BBQ Off Topic (Non Trade) 2 04-17-2011 10:21 PM
Organizing all those small fasteners and doo dads doubleoh7 General Electrical Discussion 5 11-07-2010 01:27 AM
organizing your code book. slickvic277 NEC Code Forum 33 03-02-2010 10:39 PM
Organizing "Merit" Shops miller_elex Union Topics 7 02-21-2010 09:52 PM
Organizing calimurray Union Topics 85 04-19-2009 06:52 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PaintTalk.com | PlumbingZone.com | RoofingTalk.com