Electrician Talk banner

parking lot light question

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  don_resqcapt19 
#1 ·
You know the really tall, about a hundred foot poles that you can let the whole light bay down with a really big impact? About what do they cost installad. Are they a bunch more than a fixed light at the same height?

#2 ·
I have installed these at several California prisons. However it as been over 17 years ago. The 100 foot mast required a base that was 10'x10'x10' with 1 1/2 inch rebar. The carosels had anywhere from 6 to 12 fixtures with double lamp 1000 watt HPS bulbs. You could even set up flood fixtures on them. Sorry I can remember what the cost were at the time.

#5 ·
nolabama said:
I cant find a vendor on the net and someone asked a ballpark number so they can get a budget together.
Nola-
Several years ago my wife worked for WESCO and sold these to several areas in northern AR and southern MO. I don't know if they still are distributors for the lighting you are talking about, but might be worth a shot. Their site is wesco.com.
Hope this helps...
Jim

Sent from my iPhone using ET Forum

#10 ·
That sounds like a good price. Once there up you will be amazed how they sunflower during the day. As the sun and heat come up in the east in the morning you will see them lean toward the sun and follow it to sunset.

After I completed a project of 3 @ 100' and 1 @80' the buyer would sign off until I proved that they lean to the sun. Walkthru in the morning and signed off in the afternoon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.