Electrician Talk banner

Remobilization Charge

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  flyboy 
#1 ·
Are you guys charging a remobilization fee to go back to a completed job to preform additional work orders?

I have a few customer who seem not to understand why we have to charge this!!

#2 ·
What do you mean by "preform additional work orders"?

If it's additional work, then of course you should charge for it, and any "mobilization fee" should be put into the cost of that additional work.

What I thought you were going to ask is if you charge a fee when you are forced to go back to a job to finish the work that was previously agreed upon. For example, the dishwasher and dryer weren't there so you had to go back to install the cords on them. In that situation you have to make an extra trip, take out the tools again, clean up again, reload the van, etc. etc. In that situation I will add on my typical service call fee.

#3 ·
depends on the job. if it really requires remobilization then all's fair. but if it is just another moneygrab, then expect the client to either get a bad taste or low level managers to needle you over it.

if this was a change/extra then it should probably been a line item on the change order, although that begs the question why do you have to re mobilize if you are still on the job.

#5 ·
This job was 100% roughed in, cleaned up and inspected. Two weeks later we get a change order to add additional items. I always give them a line item quote for each of the add ons including the cost of the remobilization charge (service charge). It varies depending on travel time, set up, take down, clean up, etc. It just seems some builders don't understand why we have to charge the extra fee.

I'm just venting.

#7 ·
did you have to bring a trailer back to the job, a genset, equipment re-delivered, etc etc. those would be normal type of remob charges.

just sending a couple clowns out to roughin some horses$it isn't really remob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.