Renting testing equipment - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Old 02-11-2015, 09:05 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 154
Default Renting testing equipment

Does anyone work with a reliable company that rents electrical testing equipment such as flir, hot sticks, 15kv dielectric test set's. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
airfieldsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2015, 01:20 PM   #2
Zog

Rewards Points: 1,096

Intellirent
Old 02-11-2015, 02:10 PM   #3
JDJ

Rewards Points: 547

I hear for the right price you can just rent Zog.
JDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDJ For This Useful Post:
Expediter (02-12-2015), Zog (02-11-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2015, 02:12 PM   #4
Sparks fly from my finger

Rewards Points: 4,529

Some of the bigger chains of supply houses rent out stuff.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:31 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 4,969

Electrorent

Been with them since they were GE RENTS, I think their main number still spells 1-800-GE RENTS
Bad Electrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:32 PM   #6

Jersey what do you want tested?

For the right price.

SHOULD I ASK THIS IN THE VENDOR SECTION
Old 02-11-2015, 08:07 PM   #7

Pm on 13.2kv switchgear, and various assorted 480 gear around the property.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:42 PM   #8

You have the experience to utilize the equipment, 13.2 will take quite a bit of equipment, subbing is often a better alternative. Unless you are set on doing it yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bad Electrician For This Useful Post:
glen1971 (02-11-2015)
Old 02-12-2015, 01:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Electrician
You have the experience to utilize the equipment, 13.2 will take quite a bit of equipment, subbing is often a better alternative. Unless you are set on doing it yourself.
I wouldn't dare take on a project like that without the experience. This is the first time my company has had an opportunity to take a project like this on. But personally I have done plenty of projects of this type, and I would consider myself more then qualified to handle it. I am asking about rentals because it is not cost effective for me to purchase this type of equipment because the volume of these types of projects is not there yet, and I'm sure the next question is going to "be do I have the insurance to cover this type of work?"and the answer is yes, I sorted that out before I took this job on.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:12 AM   #10

Rewards Points: 1,274

I work for a decent size company. We install this type of equipment all the time.

When it comes to High voltage testing, it always gets subbed out. We don't do any High voltage terminations either. We have in the past, now it is not even a thought. Their price must be right?

480v and bellow we megger test as per the specs of the job. A log book is created and handed over at the end, with the close out documents.
cabletie is offline   Reply With Quote