Electrician Talk banner

Resistive pressure transducer

774 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Electrotech12 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just have a quick question about a pressure transducer we have hooked up to a moldflow A9800 machine interface unit. It runs great at first drawing roughly .008 Amps DC but after a while the transducer heats up to the point of blowing the fuse which is a 1/8 amp fuse. I was wondering if the resistance in the transducer goes up or down as the pressure increases. Also am i thinking of this correctly that resistance and current are inversely proportional so when resistance goes up current goes down. Im really new to this sort of system so take it easy on me im a green horn!!!!

#5 ·
Ok sorry about that

The brand is Dynisco
Model# : PT 150-10m
Range : 10000 psig
Input : 11-32vdc
R-cal : 80%
Output : 5 VDC
OK dynisco is a good brand. The output is probably:

0.0 V=0.0 Psig
5.0 V= 8,000 Psig (internal resistor is set at 80% of max.range)

So supply the transducer with an 11 to 32 VDC supply and at 8,000 Psig you should read an output of 5.0 VDC
http://www.dynisco.com/manuals

#6 ·
We tryed installing a new one we got the same result and the resistances on the transducers were really similar to one another. Ill try applying 8000 psig, I think i did this last friday and i got a result of roughly 15vdc. Im going to re-check in the morning. Correct me if im wrong but the higher the resistance the lower the voltage and the lower the amperage right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.