Electrician Talk banner

Something different today.

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  mbednarik 
#1 ·
:laughing:

These people won an AC unit but their panel needed to be upgraded so.....

I have never seen anything so rusty out here. The panel is not painted, it's rust.

The EMT mast had rusted thru at the roof line. I think the evap coolor must have leaked for several years to do this kind of damage. It was the kind of property that was not taken care of.

The service conductors were in bad shape too.

I left them a few extra spaces. :thumbup:

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
It has been a crazy month with 4 of them so far. Usually we get them in the summer when the AC loads start killing them. I do make good money on them but it's usually a pain in the ass. These last few have been really easy though.

Looks like the handyman left his screwdriver in your panel.
That's a Klein 11 in 1 ratchet screwdriver :) The handymen use those orange handled 2 in 1's

#13 ·
Come on....it is like 12' away. Lectricity can't jump that far :laughing:

I have trouble getting a meter panel combo with the full size breaker panel smallest I can find it in is 400 amp

Really? Combos are all that we've used here since the 70's. It use to be 125A (gas appliances) 20 space, then everything went to 200, 30 space and now 200, 40 space is the standard. Home Depot even stocks them.

I though CA was the same but, to be honest, I never really looked.

#24 ·
I just started seeing them in all the supply houses. Sound good in theory, but doesn't make a lot of sense. I would use a chisel or a dedicated beater, not something with a handle that can take a sledge hammer but a tip that couldn't handle beating with linemans a few times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.