Stay Away from these LED'S - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Old 05-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 107
Default Stay Away from these LED'S

Envision and Paramida LED's are junk. I got sent to a client's mountain cabin to change all light bulbs in the house to LED's and all can trims to LED's. They wanted me to get the bulbs through a lighting store they use regularly. These two brands claim to be dimmable and are not. They seem to works on off fine on a regular switch. As soon as they were put on a Lutron C/L dimmer they turned into strobe lights. I also had multiple bulbs come out of the box in pieces. So I had to go home and then drive back up at a later date after ordering Feit bulbs through my distributer. Stay away from Envision and Paramida.
Blayney86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,324

Thanks for the feedback. All led's are not created equal and if Lutron dimmers don't work then IMO they are not dimmable
Dennis Alwon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 22

Was the dimmer from Lutron one of the magnetic low voltage dimmers? I always have the best luck with those.
BryanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanB View Post
Was the dimmer from Lutron one of the magnetic low voltage dimmers? I always have the best luck with those.
Lutron CL dimmers are made for LED and CFL bulbs. I assume these are not low voltage units by just 120V LED bulbs
Dennis Alwon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #5
Can't Remember

Rewards Points: 1,012

I still think we are at stage where some experimentation or willingness to try other brands of dimmers is expected. If it works the first time around, great, but if you are playing with some off brands, don't be surprised if it doesn't work.
nrp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 107

It was the asiend ones Idk the spelling the only toggle c/l ones from lutron. I have a problem with this forum. I'm on the golf course and checking ET!
Blayney86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #7
Can't Remember

Rewards Points: 1,012

A problem shared by many.
nrp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #8
Banned

Rewards Points: 340

Got a house right now where I installed all Maestro CL's and the homeowner put in Costco LED bulbs.. they claim there is a buzzing/humming type noise. What a pain in the arse.

Thinking I'll try a regular Maestro (non-CL) and see if they stop buzzing. The bulbs ARE dimmable by the way. Usually I use Philips from the supply shop, but they are double the price of the ones from Costco.
FrunkSlammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:43 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrunkSlammer View Post
Usually I use Philips from the supply shop, but they are double the price of the ones from Costco.
Double the price is probably a good deal if they work and last.
RFguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:46 AM   #10
I like ceiling fans & EMT

Rewards Points: 554

Best quality LED bulbs I've used are Sylvania but I've also had some comparably bad ones from Sylvania.
dspiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #11
Retired Account

Rewards Points: 14,650

I just don't believe a lot of LED fixtures were ready for prime time marketing

~CS~
chicken steve is offline   Reply With Quote