Thomas Edison Electric In Philly Area - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MikeFL

Old 02-03-2017, 06:22 PM   #1
German Spy

Rewards Points: 3,949
Default Thomas Edison Electric In Philly Area

Found this gem, and thought I'd share

Talk about gouging the elderly.

Flickering light costs $9000

Love his response "we charge by the job, not by time and materials"

It was a while ago, but frightening non the less.

Last edited by Helmut; 02-03-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Helmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2017, 09:22 PM   #2
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 1,360

Hmmm... seems like the 91 year old customer base is lucrative. ..

"Do you have an electrical problem? Are you 91 years old? Call Peter D Electric right fk'ing now!"
RePhase277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:19 PM   #3
Old Grumpy Bastard

Rewards Points: 996

Somebody needs a stern ass whooping!

Always just a stallion in a china shop
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2017, 12:40 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 630

WOW! i try to help out people on a fixed income , a lot times some minor things for free.this is how you get buissness!this guy is nothing short of a crook, then you can't find them.
circuitman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:55 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,858

In Florida that would be prosecuted under crimes against the elderly. It's a felony and that will be the last time that guy pulls wires in this state.
MechanicalDVR and Signal1 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(833) GPS-TIME
MikeFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:38 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 2

PA has adopted similar laws since 2009. Fraud against people over a certain age (not sure, but think it's 65) can become a criminal charge through the state district attorney's office (versus a civil complaint going through the applicable court system)
drewsserviceco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:08 AM   #7
Old Grumpy Bastard

Rewards Points: 996

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitman1 View Post
WOW! i try to help out people on a fixed income , a lot times some minor things for free.this is how you get buissness!this guy is nothing short of a crook, then you can't find them.
There have been many times I did work for elderly folks for free or a reduced rate and if there wasn't a way through the company I did it on my own time.

People that would rip them off need a trip out back to the wood shed.

Always just a stallion in a china shop
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:19 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 858

I see that guys trucks all the time.

This is a big problem in Pennsylvania....there are no repercussions for bad contractors. The state of PA is weak in enforcement and 95% of all municipalities including Philadelphia have zero enforcement of these type of matters.

The home improvement contractor license in PA is a ****ing joke. IF you have it you can go to most municipalities and become a licensed Electrical, plumber, fire alarm or fire sprinkler contractor.

IF this was in NJ...one phone call to the Master Electrician board would open up an investigation and put this guy out of business. They fine the **** out of this type of contractor.

There was a similar contractor in the South Jersey area that drove around in these Obnoxious Orange trucks in the 90's...I use to see his guys at the supply house all the time...guess what hes no longer Licensed in NJ, they fined this guys in the 10's of thousand of dollars......He changed his name and moved his shop and business to the Philadelphia area.
Tonedeaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:46 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 2

I think it is because PA is a commonwealth and not a proper state. The state government here makes a law and then the individual municipalities have to adopt it. Hard to get any solidarity or consistency that way. In NJ, if it's a law or ordinance, it applies to the entire state. Well, maybe all except the pineys out in the pine barrens.
drewsserviceco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:01 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 4,394

I'm curious as to how he got the name "Thomas Edison Electric?" You'd think unless his actual name is Thomas Edison that would be a copyright infringement?
LawnGuyLandSparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:48 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 8,940

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnGuyLandSparky View Post
I'm curious as to how he got the name "Thomas Edison Electric?" You'd think unless his actual name is Thomas Edison that would be a copyright infringement?
Well he is clearly scared of lawyers......
Switched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:03 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 2,858

Everything around here is named after Edison and nobody pays a penny. Edison, Ford, Firestone and others all had their winter homes and laboratories about 2 miles from me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(833) GPS-TIME
MikeFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:04 PM   #13
Big nosed attic troll

Rewards Points: 2,774

I saw a thing like this on facebook from Aus....karma is a B.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:27 PM   #14

Rewards Points: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonedeaf View Post
I see that guys trucks all the time.

This is a big problem in Pennsylvania....there are no repercussions for bad contractors. The state of PA is weak in enforcement and 95% of all municipalities including Philadelphia have zero enforcement of these type of matters.

The home improvement contractor license in PA is a ****ing joke. IF you have it you can go to most municipalities and become a licensed Electrical, plumber, fire alarm or fire sprinkler contractor.

IF this was in NJ...one phone call to the Master Electrician board would open up an investigation and put this guy out of business. They fine the **** out of this type of contractor.

There was a similar contractor in the South Jersey area that drove around in these Obnoxious Orange trucks in the 90's...I use to see his guys at the supply house all the time...guess what hes no longer Licensed in NJ, they fined this guys in the 10's of thousand of dollars......He changed his name and moved his shop and business to the Philadelphia area.

Haha, I remember him. No names.
Big chicken on the trucks.
FF301 is offline   Reply With Quote