viewing prints on a flat screen tv - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Old 02-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Eccles Electric

Rewards Points: 75
Default viewing prints on a flat screen tv

I am trying to view prints on my tv but not having much luck. I have a 60 inch and thought I should be able to view a full sized sheet at a time. but the notes are still not readable without enlarging

anyone else have any luck viewing prints digitally?
James Eccles is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
Slave to the grind

Rewards Points: 630

You might try clicking on your start tab and going into you computer's control panel, find the appearance folder and, adjust your screen resolution. Lowering the resolution will make things on the screen larger.
CopperSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 5,032

Make sure the PC is set to input the TV screen. Go to "personalization" and with the TV connected, click the "Find Device" button. It should find the TV and output to fit the screen.

It is the same window where you adjust the computers resolution.
John Valdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
Eccles Electric

yeah I tried messing with the resolution on the computer and the tv with no luck
Old 02-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
Bababoee

Rewards Points: 2,030

what kind of cord do you have going from the tv to the computer..? oh scratch that, didnt realize you were talking about resolution size.... Did you try to enlarge it first..?
Old 02-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 150

Does your computer have a magnifier in accessories
ptcrtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
Electricity is Amazing!

Rewards Points: 538

Func+F8
thoenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 2,038

is a 1080p tv. what kind of resolution you send to it you need to send 19201080 signal via dvi or hdmi (no vga or component since most tv doesn't support full hd with those analog signals)
oliquir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
Eccles Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliquir View Post
is a 1080p tv. what kind of resolution you send to it you need to send 19201080 signal via dvi or hdmi (no vga or component since most tv doesn't support full hd with those analog signals)
I am using an hdmi cable ? but when I was adjusting the resolution the best I could get was like 1420 x 1080 and that was the best I could get it was not an option to go up to 1920? its a brand new tv ??
Old 02-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 5,032

Not the resolution, the monitor choice/selection. Same window. You have the option to use a separate monitor. This will be your TV. On my Vista OS, it shows two monitors with the one not being used blacked out. You need to use the optional second monitor for your TV. I also have my TV connected with HDMI.
I use my wifes laptop with win7 OS. On hers you just open the "personalization" window and with the HDMI plugged into the TV I just hit the "Find Device" button. Once it finds the device, it should switch to that output as soon as you insert the HDMI cable next time you want to use the TV.
John Valdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 2,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Eccles View Post
I am using an hdmi cable ? but when I was adjusting the resolution the best I could get was like 1420 x 1080 and that was the best I could get it was not an option to go up to 1920? its a brand new tv ??
thats the problem you are trying to display a 4:3 image into a 16:9 tv so it doesn't give clear text you could try 1366 x 768 also
can you adjust the resolution on the computer at 1920 x 1080? maybe the video card form computer isnt powerful enough
oliquir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #12
Coffee drinking member

Rewards Points: 5,694

If your using a laptop and you only extend your desktop to the TV, the pictures you open should not be stretched to fit. Once your screen size is set, any program window should look fine.
Just remember to drag your program back to your normal laptop window before disconnecting or it might become "lost" on the extended desktop.