3 Star goes into retirement - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > Vintage Electrical


Like Tree24Likes
  • 1 Post By 460 Delta
  • 8 Post By 460 Delta
  • 8 Post By telsa
  • 3 Post By 460 Delta
  • 3 Post By MTW
  • 1 Post By 460 Delta
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2019, 12:31 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
460 Delta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 656
Rewards Points: 670
Default 3 Star goes into retirement

Nice 50 year old CH 3 Star I removed from service to install a proper combination unit. Clean and the contacts are good, try that with IEC anything.
micromind likes this.
__________________
Perfection is the enemy of good enough
460 Delta is online now   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-17-2019, 12:33 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
460 Delta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 656
Rewards Points: 670
Default

Oops, forgot the pic, posting and eating.
Attached Thumbnails
3 Star goes into retirement-5305505c-7872-44bf-acbc-c15614b73174_1558110737186.jpg  

micromind, flyboy, MTW and 5 others like this.
__________________
Perfection is the enemy of good enough
460 Delta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 13,686
Rewards Points: 25,616
Default

After sixty-years, I retired my own #2 NEMA starters. They still worked perfectly.

But, 1954's tech only lasts so long.

I surrendered them to WECA... as training aids.

American manufactures may be expensive -- but they work, work, work and then work.

No wonder that there are brokers totally dedicated to shipping American machines to India.

Yep.

Special emphasis on food processing gear... forty-years old -- not a problem. (!)

That stuff just does not break down, and if it should, you can repair it with a screwdriver.
micromind, stuiec, flyboy and 5 others like this.
telsa is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-17-2019, 06:25 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
460 Delta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 656
Rewards Points: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by telsa View Post
After sixty-years, I retired my own #2 NEMA starters. They still worked perfectly.

But, 1954's tech only lasts so long.

I surrendered them to WECA... as training aids.

American manufactures may be expensive -- but they work, work, work and then work.

No wonder that there are brokers totally dedicated to shipping American machines to India.

Yep.

Special emphasis on food processing gear... forty-years old -- not a problem. (!)

That stuff just does not break down, and if it should, you can repair it with a screwdriver.
Go to a heavy equipment auction and watch the 70's and 80's vintage Caterpillar and Case and Deere stuff go for top $$$. The 3rd world buyers are there to buy it and ship it to destination unknown. Anything pre-computer is pure gold. A $500.00 Craftsman tool set is all you need for any repair.
micromind, MTW and splatz like this.
__________________
Perfection is the enemy of good enough
460 Delta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:14 PM   #5
MTW
Senior Member
 
MTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 14,375
Rewards Points: 7,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460 Delta View Post
Go to a heavy equipment auction and watch the 70's and 80's vintage Caterpillar and Case and Deere stuff go for top $$$. The 3rd world buyers are there to buy it and ship it to destination unknown. Anything pre-computer is pure gold. A $500.00 Craftsman tool set is all you need for any repair.
Nothing beats a vintage all-mechanical diesel that requires no computer, has no emissions controls and is literally dirt simple to operate and will run forever. They are so good they can run on the worst quality contaminated fuel and still run fine, hence why they're ideally suited for the 3rd world. Try that with a modern diesel.
micromind, splatz and stiffneck like this.
MTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:21 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
460 Delta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 656
Rewards Points: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTW View Post
Nothing beats a vintage all-mechanical diesel that requires no computer, has no emissions controls and is literally dirt simple to operate and will run forever. They are so good they can run on the worst quality contaminated fuel and still run fine, hence why they're ideally suited for the 3rd world. Try that with a modern diesel.
That’s why 6Bt and 4bt Cummins has such a following.
MTW likes this.
__________________
Perfection is the enemy of good enough
460 Delta is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Union benefits before and after retirement Flashmasterson Union Topics 2 08-22-2018 09:31 PM
Delta Supply and star generator haiderster General Electrical Discussion 15 04-12-2018 01:23 AM
Retirement TRurak General Electrical Discussion 31 08-06-2016 11:09 AM
Retirement Account Walnuts240 Business, Marketing, and Sales 24 05-27-2016 02:15 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PaintTalk.com | PlumbingZone.com | RoofingTalk.com