Please help me - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > Vintage Electrical

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By MikeFL
  • 1 Post By HackWork
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #1

Default Please help me

Hello, just purchased my home. Work in a union and thus far, been doing this entire remodel alone.
Problem : I want to install a beautiful antique chandelier. It has two white wires. Copper.. Other issue
I remove the horrific cheap old fixture, and there is a cord hanging (clear )like a lamp cord, and one random smaller, thinner copper cord that wasn't used with this awful fixture. No colors on anything. Nothing to differentiate the old wires nor the wires from the ceiling. Electrical work doesn't scare me. Just not used to having to address ANYTHING like this.
Any help, welcome
Where to even begin?
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2019, 02:19 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,638

You can begin over at this site's sister site www.DIYChatroom.com where there are plenty of capable people eager to help you out.

Yes, even pretty girls get speeding tickets!

This site is limited to electrical industry professionals only, due to the inherent risk of death in working with electricity.

Good luck with your project, and your new home.
The_Modifier and Bird dog like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(833) GPS-TIME
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeFL For This Useful Post:
Michelle5051 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 02:20 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 309

This is not something that even the best DIYer should be touching. This is where you need not only a pro, but one who is experienced with old wiring like this.
The_Modifier likes this.
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2019, 03:03 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,644

You do not want to wire it backwards. You could energize the fixture.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,162

Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Alwon For This Useful Post:
The_Modifier (06-10-2019)
Closed Thread