Labor Day 2020 - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > Union Topics

Like Tree18Likes
  • 10 Post By Southeast Power
  • 2 Post By Dan the electricman
  • 4 Post By MTW
  • 2 Post By TGGT

Old 09-07-2020, 09:59 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 152
Default Labor Day 2020

Best wishes to all of my brothers and sisters in the trade.
I'm very thankful for those who came before us and sacrificed everything to better the standard of living for all working people.
Southeast Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2020, 06:18 PM   #2
Dope-less Hope Fiend

Rewards Points: 10

I hope everyone who reads this has a wonderful evening!

It's been a nice day off!
John Valdes and micromind like this.
Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
Dan the electricman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dan the electricman For This Useful Post:
flyboy (09-07-2020), macmikeman (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 07:03 PM   #3
MTW
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 677

I'm grateful for capitalism and all the entrepreneurs who risk everything and do all the hard work of running a business, so workers can have jobs. Without entrepreneurs, workers have nothing.
MTW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MTW For This Useful Post:
460 Delta (09-07-2020), brian john (09-07-2020), flyboy (09-07-2020), macmikeman (09-07-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2020, 07:33 PM   #4
Senile Member

Rewards Points: 352

I'm grateful to God for giving me so much in life. Mahalo, You da best.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:17 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 6

Quote:
“labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.” - Abraham Lincoln

Quote:
Labor Day symbolizes our determination to achieve an economic freedom for the average man which will give his political freedom realty. - FDR

Quote:
It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize. - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote:
Collective bargaining has always been the bedrock of the American labor movement. I hope that you will continue to anchor your movement to this foundation. Free collective bargaining is good for the entire Nation. In my view, it is the only alternative to State regulation of wages and prices - a path which leads far down the grim road of totalitarianism. Those who would destroy or further limit the rights of organized labor - those who would cripple collective bargaining or prevent organization of the unorganized - do a disservice to the cause of democracy. - JFK

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security unemployment insurance and eliminate labor laws and farm programs you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group of course that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few other Texas oil millionaires and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." - D. Eisenhower
TGGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:04 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 2

Labor Day and all days.
jw0445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:15 AM   #7
Petulant Amateur

Rewards Points: 1,379

I was going to work but then I said screw it. Now I play catch up. Oh well.
99cents is offline   Reply With Quote