Local 26 IBEW Test - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > Union Topics

Old 04-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default Local 26 IBEW Test

Hey everyone just signed up! Im taking my apprenticeship test in a week and was wondering if there's anybody out there who has taken it for local 26 (DC) lately. Ive got a study guide that is giving me an idea but Im looking for a little more reassurance. I dont foresee any problems with mechanics and reading comprehension, I got that down I'm pretty sure... But what are the algebra parts like and is there anything else I should cover? I'm fairly confident but been out of high school a couple years and I fear I am rusty
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread or a repeat of another post!
mcubbage89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,712

Had you done this earlier I would have told you NVCC refresher course.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #3

Yea unfortunately it was pretty short notice. I only applied a few days ago. Any other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
Electric Hair

Rewards Points: 77

Algebraic Expressions....google it. Was what I had studied from and looked at problems which were in the practice book. If you cant find something like that on the internet, then get some 7th graders book and study from that. 7th grade math will show you all the steps and how they got there. Good reference. I used my kids book to refresh too funny good luck. Just dont spend a lot of time on each math question. You only have about 2 minutes or less to answers those and you will use all the time for it! Reading part is easy...no worries to study any of that!
vickieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #5

Thank you! So is this mostly all that is on the local 26 test? From what I understand different areas have different tests.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 25

good luck dude, I am in maryland and I will apply for local 24 baltimore shortly, do you know how many people on the list in DC. I think we are almost the same situation. by the way good luck to you!
yuning521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 1,712

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuning521 View Post
good luck dude, I am in maryland and I will apply for local 24 baltimore shortly, do you know how many people on the list in DC. I think we are almost the same situation. by the way good luck to you!
IMO you will stand a better time of employment in Local 26.

Just rumors.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #8

I recently took the test for a different hall. While you will probably have a different test, I assume they will be similar. Of the 30 or so questions in the math section of my test, 4 or 5 were problems where they gave you a list of numbers and you had to figure out the next in the sequence.

For example: 4,7,13,25,49,X Find X

Here the answer would be X=97, multiply the number by 2 and subtract 1 to get the next number.

The ones on the test were a little more difficult but you get the idea. Practice these and finding x and y in 3x+2y=y+2 type problems and you should do fine. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote