Wanted old tools - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Electrician Swap

Old 11-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 500
Default old tools

hey guys, i got some extra old klein tools in good condition that i would like to trade. if you have , well for example maybe an old MODEL 21 WINCHESTER double barrell shotgun laying around just gathering dust i would be interested. send PM. thanx. paul
paul d. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2008, 08:06 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul d. View Post
hey guys, i got some extra old klein tools in good condition that i would like to trade. if you have , well for example maybe an old MODEL 21 WINCHESTER double barrell shotgun laying around just gathering dust i would be interested. send PM. thanx. paul
Hi Paul, I'm new here so forgive me if I do something wrong. LOL Please send a list of what tools you have. I've got an old double barrel shotgun, my grand paw gave my dad, and my dad gave it to me. I think its a 20 gauge, has plates on the side, and has Lefever on each side. It has a lot of engraving, and really is in good shape as far as I can tell. My dad hunted rabbits with it over 30 years ago and that was the last time it was fired. I do remember when he shot it, and broke it down, the shells would fly out. I have no idea what its worth, but right now, I need tools more than I need the gun.

Paw Paw
pawpaw702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:14 PM   #3

Default shotgun

shotgun sure sounds interesting. BUT , i wish you was closer. i got all the tools an electrician needs x3!! been buying at flea mkt's and pawn shops. quit drinking so i got the time. i'm interested but how would we handle it?? paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #4

Default shotgun

pawpaw check your PM
Old 12-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 10

Paul, since I posted this morning, I got curious about what I had. I found a site, Gun Broker.com. that had a 20 gauge real close to mine, and it was at $1700.00, and the reserve wasn't met! So...I sent a couple of fellows emails asking about what I had. One guy told me to look under the barrels, and there would be a letter, or letters that told what grade it was? What I have is a EE grade, with a English straight stock, and single selective trigger. It has 26" barrels, and squiggles in the steel. One fellow told me this was a twist barrel?, and it shouldn't be fired. Another guy said it was only a twist finish, and it would be safe to fire. I know my Dad shot the hell out of it, so I kinda believe the latter. He ask about % of finish and all kinds of questions. I don't have a clue about all that, but I described it the best I could.He seemed to be real excited the longer we talked, and , he told me what he thought it was worth, and then I got real excited! I spit coffee all over my moniter! LOL He offered $2500.00 sight unseen! After giving this some thought, I think I'll just put it back in the closet, where its been for 20 years, and just hang onto it. Been a pleasure talking to you.

In Brotherhood, Paw Paw
pawpaw702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #6
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpaw702 View Post
Paul, since I posted this morning, I got curious about what I had. I found a site, Gun Broker.com. that had a 20 gauge real close to mine, and it was at $1700.00, and the reserve wasn't met! So...I sent a couple of fellows emails asking about what I had. One guy told me to look under the barrels, and there would be a letter, or letters that told what grade it was? What I have is a EE grade, with a English straight stock, and single selective trigger. It has 26" barrels, and squiggles in the steel. One fellow told me this was a twist barrel?, and it shouldn't be fired. Another guy said it was only a twist finish, and it would be safe to fire. I know my Dad shot the hell out of it, so I kinda believe the latter. He ask about % of finish and all kinds of questions. I don't have a clue about all that, but I described it the best I could.He seemed to be real excited the longer we talked, and , he told me what he thought it was worth, and then I got real excited! I spit coffee all over my moniter! LOL He offered $2500.00 sight unseen! After giving this some thought, I think I'll just put it back in the closet, where its been for 20 years, and just hang onto it. Been a pleasure talking to you.

In Brotherhood, Paw Paw
But pawpaw the old Klein tools are still in good shape, give the guy a chance already.
DDB1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:23 PM   #7

pawpaw, i'll throw in a extra screwdriver!!!!!!!!! let us know how it works out. good luck!!!!