Gem's of the PLC, VFD, and Motors world - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > PLCs, VFDs, Motors and Controls

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By joe-nwt
  • 1 Post By glen1971

Old 08-09-2019, 11:34 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 359
Default Gem's of the PLC, VFD, and Motors world

We have probably 4 locations like this. Large, baseball size, hail, tornadoes and severe thunderstorms are common in the area. The HIM's are also subject to frequent high, gritty wind.

The other 3 HIM's don't work at all. PF 525's

This is the kind of stuff the New Construction team hands over to us Maintenance guys.

Anyone know if there's a WP/hail proof version of HIM for the 525's? If not I think we can install some hinged/magnetic covers to minimize exposure
Attached Thumbnails
Gem's of the PLC, VFD, and Motors world-vfd1.jpg  

Gem's of the PLC, VFD, and Motors world-vfd2.jpg  

Gem's of the PLC, VFD, and Motors world-vfd3.jpg  

Last edited by zoltan; 08-09-2019 at 11:45 PM.
zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2019, 11:55 PM   #2
Senile Member

Rewards Points: 15,887

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan View Post
We have probably 4 locations like this. Large, baseball size, hail, tornadoes and severe thunderstorms are common in the area. The HIM's are also subject to frequent high, gritty wind.

The other 3 HIM's don't work at all. PF 525's

This is the kind of stuff the New Construction team hands over to us Maintenance guys.

Anyone know if there's a WP/hail proof version of HIM for the 525's? If not I think we can install some hinged/magnetic covers to minimize exposure
I'm glad that last picture clearly shows that the cardboard box is approved to be used in Canada.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:35 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 942

Can you get a cheap receptacle cover with a snap in back to fit over the display?
gpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2019, 02:52 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 278

Make some sheet metal hoods for them. Better yet, fashion some type of sheet metal storm door.
glen1971 likes this.
joe-nwt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:42 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 3,698

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmikeman View Post
I'm glad that last picture clearly shows that the cardboard box is approved to be used in Canada.
I thought the "C UL US" meant either country?

I'd be more concerned with the "Indoor use only"
Grounded-B likes this.
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:48 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 828

Where do I start?
sparkiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:28 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 1,982

They make them, but the ones that are small enough for each individual HIM module (Vynier) are grossly over priced (as in $250) and the ones that are affordable ($65+-) are too big. But if you can squeeze the 4 HIMs together more, you can get one of those larger ones cheap.

https://fiboxusa.com/general-enclosu...ies/hmi-cover/
https://www.alliedmoulded.com/produc...mi-cover-kits/
Old Today, 09:22 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 254

Might get away with putting a window kit on the front. Doesn't necessarily have to be for that specific enclosure, you just need to cover the HIMs. 4 small or 1 large might work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Peewee0413 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:24 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 254

Oops...didnt see Jraef's link lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Peewee0413 is online now   Reply With Quote