Help please...thx you! - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > Residential Electrical Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default Help please...thx you!

hello... i have a 6x10 mobile shed for shave ice business, and i am connecting a (small) AC unit, 5 cubic freezer, small water pump (for fresh water tank), ice shaving machine, interior lights, 6+ gallon water heater... My friend has the same unit with all the same equipment running to a breaker box that runs everything to a generator...but he also is able to run a three prung 30 amp 120v rv cord to a building to run everything if he doesn't have his generator with him from time to time... My question is how does he have all of his equipment wired at the breaker box so he is able to run his equipment from a cord to a building if he doesn't have his generator with him to run his equipment? How is all six pieces of equipment wired to breaker box then from there how can he run one cord if need be to a building/outlet and run everything without blowing a fuse or fuses? Can someone help please! Is there a drawing or diagram/schematic? hope you understand my question? thanks Adrien
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 502

Sounds like he just unplugs the generator from its input at the shack, plugs a cord into the same location the generator was connected, drags the other end to a connecting point of some kind at the building and plugs into utility power. Seems simple enough, maybe I didn't understand the question?

I think this is a DIY question…
Old 11-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
Licensed Journeyman

Rewards Points: 2,028

This is so no beuno - DIY
try this for your sno cone stand and watch the fireworks

Last edited by nolabama; 11-19-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: i cant in good faith leave that up there :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
Licensed Journeyman

Rewards Points: 2,028

PS Snow cone man - what I have pictured above can and will KILL read EPIC FAIL

Last edited by nolabama; 11-19-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 502

True, it wouldn't be the right way to do it. My post above was just an attempt to translate into English.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
Senior Moment

Rewards Points: 292

Call an electrician.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
Town Drunk

Rewards Points: 2

Try here - www.diychatroom.com
It's not my fault, it's not my problem, I'm not your solution.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
Chairman of the Bored

Rewards Points: 2,540

yep, call an electrician, a "real" one, not like your profile.
Closed Thread