P&S AFCI/GFCI Receptacle Issues - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > Residential Electrical Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Switched

Old 02-21-2017, 01:35 PM  
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 804
Default P&S AFCI/GFCI Receptacle Issues

We've install a few P&S AFCI/GFCI receptacles and we've had issues with them nuisance tripping. Anyone else having issues with P&S? I will try a different brand see if I get different results.
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2017, 05:14 PM  

Rewards Points: 1,114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1971 View Post
We've install a few P&S AFCI/GFCI receptacles and we've had issues with them nuisance tripping. Anyone else having issues with P&S? I will try a different brand see if I get different results.

Ive used very few P&S in the past few years but don't recall any issues with the ones weve installed

Weve been using Hubbell for several years now and install hundreds a year and as far as I remember weve only had a few give us any trouble. Maybe half a dozen.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:54 PM  

Rewards Points: 3,394

never used one. I just change the breaker. It would piss me off as a customer to find one tripped behind a china cabinet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2017, 08:43 PM  
Can't Remember

Rewards Points: 90

I use these on kitchen counters where there are the FPE/zinsco panels in apt closets. This is the best I can do when it comes to receptacle replacement. I may have used one. I have had a couple of the leviton receptacles trip. One was a bad light fixture, so not its fault, the second happened earlier this week, not sure what the issue was, other than the tenant had trouble resetting it due to the force required to reset it. Is it a perfect solution, no, but about the only card I can play.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:52 PM  
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 804

It seems like I've been getting callbacks an the AFCI/GFCI receptacles with P&S brand. I'm going to put Easton in and see if it resolves the nuisance tripping issues.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:39 PM  
MTW

Rewards Points: 9,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1971 View Post
Old 06-08-2017, 12:04 AM  
Big nosed attic troll

Rewards Points: 2,774

Where you getting them? I use almost solely legrands from viking and not a single issue (knock on wood).
Old 06-08-2017, 12:18 AM  

Rewards Points: 8,986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majewski View Post
Where you getting them? I use almost solely legrands from viking and not a single issue (knock on wood).
Don't knock your wood too hard....

I'm with Sabrina... I change out the breaker. Trying to explain to a customer where the stupid reset is.. much easier on the CB.
Majewski likes this.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:55 AM  
Can't sign em..forget em

Rewards Points: 10,192

If I may ask , is this topic about GFCI/AFCI devices? ...or is the OP
talking about duel function CB's? I have not seen devices yet.