1st year apprentice..... - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 06-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default 1st year apprentice.....

Just started my apprenticeship, and have never worked in the field...was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for what a first year apprentice should know with regards to residential, commercial electrical, thanks for the help Denis.
dman5174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman5174 View Post
Just started my apprenticeship, and have never worked in the field...was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for what a first year apprentice should know with regards to residential, commercial electrical, thanks for the help Denis.

I would make sure you understand the theory of electricity and the basic ohms law equations. With out field experience, no one will expect too much from you, just let the more experienced coworkers show you the ropes and remember everything you learn.
Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #3

Bottom line, you are the bottom. You will get all the crap jobs, but you just have to grin and bare it. Everyone else has already been there.
My advise is to stay away from highrises as you can get stuck doing the same thing for years! However, work is work.
You can only learn to be as good (or bad) as the person teaching you.
Good luck
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

Welcome to the forum.
william1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:07 AM   #5
iwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman5174 View Post
I came out of high school and was as green as they get. Just work hard and ASK QUESTIONS. No one is going to fault you for trying to get help. Its better to be clear on something than assume your correct, especially in this trade. Good luck!
iwa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iwa For This Useful Post:
Brother Noah (06-27-2010)