apprentiship application?? - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 10-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default apprentiship application??

wadup...I applied for the apprentiship for inside wireman...Approximately how long does it take from when you apply, to take the test if you are qualified??

Last edited by radon_40; 11-12-2008 at 02:32 PM.
radon_40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #2

can anyone please help me, or does anyone know?
Old 11-12-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
Senior Moment

Rewards Points: 564

Where did you apply? Do you know how many applicants and tests were taken. It can take from 4 to 6 weeks to get your results either my mail or a phone call. Call the local where you took the test and ask what is going on.
Oops, didn't read the post correctly. Did you apply for an upcoming apprentice class that was being recruited by the local or just walked in an submitted an app?

Last edited by rlc3854; 11-12-2008 at 10:02 PM.
rlc3854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 526

Best to call the hall or where ever you applied and ask them. Welcome to the forum!
Old 11-13-2008, 05:56 AM   #5
Local 134 - A Card

Rewards Points: 150

From the time I applied to testing was 1 month. From Testing to me receiving my ranking was 3 months, from getting my ranking letter to starting my apprenticeship was 3 months..... Be prepared to possibly wait longer.... Welcome and goodluck!
Chicagoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #6

yeh I just walked up and applied at the union on October 9 2008...
It was in buellton ca, I think the number is 413..
I called them and they couldn't give me any time frame or anything. I know the state takes a long time to respond, but don't know why I haven't heard anything....
Old 11-14-2008, 01:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by radon_40 View Post
yeh I just walked up and applied at the union on October 9 2008...
It was in buellton ca, I think the number is 413..
I called them and they couldn't give me any time frame or anything. I know the state takes a long time to respond, but don't know why I haven't heard anything....
Your local union hall should have the basic info you need . Talk with them...if it's the secretary...ask to talk with the BA . Every hall knows when the tests are held and where . That is their job .I would assume that you had to go into the hall to get the info you needed to write a letter for application . They should have sent you back an application , which you sent back . After that they send you a letter to let you know when and where the testing will happen . If not.....GO TO THE HALL AND ASK . Best wishes to you .

PS.....the state should have nothing to do with you applying for the UNION . Your BA will know what approximate dates the testing will occur .

Last edited by unionwirewoman; 11-14-2008 at 01:06 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
unionwirewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #8

what is the longest that I would have to wait approximately?
Old 11-16-2008, 12:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by radon_40 View Post
what is the longest that I would have to wait approximately?
As I said...it depends on when the testing takes place , and when you applied . Your best bet is to call your hall and ask .
unionwirewoman is offline   Reply With Quote