Electrician Talk banner

Hello from Alberta

3K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Cujo 
#1 ·
:thumbup:

#5 ·
kawimudslinger said:
Hi Welcome!

Welcome...but you don't look to be very happy to be from Sherwood Park...You're not Oilers fan are you ?
I'm only a fan when they're winning :p And nah, I love sherwood park!! Wouldn't want to be anywhere else, where are you from? Not sure if people have profiles on here, still trying to figure this app out! In any case, hello!! Thanks for the message!

#7 ·
Hi cujo! I'm currently working in res as a 4th year. Most of my experience is commercial though. I've worked for Canem, tempo and muth. I'm looking at taking an industrial job in nisku or the park possibly. Money is calling my name ;) how about you? Are you a j? Thanks for the message!!

#22 ·
T.J. said:
Welcome to the forum. I am trying to obtain a union apprenticeship myself. I would have to say union because of the standards of training that they have.

Good luck!:thumbup:
I'd say the Canadian ibew is lagging in the training department. Here the union only has about 13% of the work. In the middle of the oil sands push and the union has a bad name for itself. It sucks, but the benefits and pension are wicked and I'll take work where I can get it. I just don't know anyone that works industrial that isnt union, so wanted to see if maybe the sites themselves were better overall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.