Hello from Puerto Rico - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By John Valdes
  • 1 Post By MikeFL
  • 1 Post By macmikeman
  • 1 Post By Electricaljunkie
  • 2 Post By J F Go
  • 1 Post By just the cowboy

Old 05-09-2019, 07:54 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 40
Default Hello from Puerto Rico

Hello everyone, my name is Brian Soto, I studied Electrical Engineering but I currently working as a Electrical Teacher in a High School. I really like all the aspects of electricity and I helped my father (He is a Electrician) from like 12 years old wiring houses and repairing. Right now I making my own set of tools ( I always used my father tools and in the classroom there are tools already) So I hope this forum will help me to make good choices.
Electricaljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2019, 09:21 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 5,030

Welcome to Electrician Talk Brian.
Thanks for taking the time to fill out your profile.
Electricaljunkie likes this.
John Valdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:15 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 174

Welcome to the forums.

Are you teaching electrical wiring (of buildings, facilities & sites) or electrical circuits & diagrams (electronics) to those high schoolers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(833) GPS-TIME
MikeFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2019, 11:31 PM   #4
Senile Member

Rewards Points: 17,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricaljunkie View Post
Hello everyone, my name is Brian Soto, I studied Electrical Engineering but I currently working as a Electrical Teacher in a High School. I really like all the aspects of electricity and I helped my father (He is a Electrician) from like 12 years old wiring houses and repairing. Right now I making my own set of tools ( I always used my father tools and in the classroom there are tools already) So I hope this forum will help me to make good choices.

Hey Muchaco, I spent a year on the beach at Rincon. El Tigre beer was the bomb. And Junior's mother Maria was such a lovely fine lady back then.......
Drudge Report
macmikeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFL View Post
Welcome to the forums.

Are you teaching electrical wiring (of buildings, facilities & sites) or electrical circuits & diagrams (electronics) to those high schoolers?
The course is 3 years long and is divided for each Grade (10, 11 and 12)
Mainly we start with the fundamentals of electricity like the electrons, poles, what is electricity, Ohm Law, Watt Law. After that is residential electricity theory and hand work in the workshop next to the classroom. Also they will learn about Industrial and commercial theory, design, linemen work (only the theory) and renewable energy. Also the basics of industrial motors, AC, DC, Controls, transformers, and basics of electronics and PLC. In the last year they study for the Journeyman Apprentice Electrician exam.

They learn to wiring and a lot of hand work for residential electricity, because the limited space we don't have all the industrial stuff to do that type of hand work.

Is a nice job, students learn, I also learn some things that I forget, we learn new things too, some of them wants to be Journeyman Electrician, a few wants to be Electrical Engineers a lot says that this is a difficult job Still we have a lot of fun.
MikeFL likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Electricaljunkie For This Useful Post:
MikeFL (05-10-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 07:02 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 90

Welcome from Maine.
J F Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:17 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 14

Welcome. If you post something please come back and give use the outcome, it helps others and makes us feel better that our time is not wasted.

If you do post something give us as much info as you can please, we are not mind readers and more info helps.

Enjoy your time here

Cowboy
MikeFL likes this.
just the cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by just a cowboy View Post
Welcome. If you post something please come back and give use the outcome, it helps others and makes us feel better that our time is not wasted.

If you do post something give us as much info as you can please, we are not mind readers and more info helps.

Enjoy your time here

Cowboy
That's right
Thank you!
Old 05-30-2019, 10:10 AM   #9

Rewards Points: 1,634

Welcome aboard.

Tim.
canbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:11 AM   #10

Rewards Points: 1,634

The fact you are able to teach younger folks means you will know how to handle this bunch quite well.

Tim
canbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by canbug View Post
The fact you are able to teach younger folks means you will know how to handle this bunch quite well.

Tim
Thank you. Yeah is a new experience for me. Not is the same to work outside or be a student than be a teacher. I'm learning a lot about group control (not a easy task with high school students), discipline and put them to work in the circuits in the walls. Actually I have several students that going to take the apprentice electrician exam and one already started to work. Others want to start college in other areas and a few wants to study electrical engineer.