Here I am.... Live from DC - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 01-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Talking Here I am.... Live from DC

Hey folks I'm new to this website. I'm a first year apprentice electrician. I'm currently in my 7th month in the field. I've recently graduated Tesst College (save the trash talk I've heard it all lol)

I've been very blessed to be in my position I'm in. Due to my hard work and focus. I've held several no growth jobs in the past and i got tired of it.
So my wife and I took a risk back in the end of 2008, I quit my job after they refused to work with my school schedule.

I started Tesst College in October of 08 in their electrician certificate program (15 Month course), maintained a 3.98 GPA and perfect attendance. Which was great but unfortunately it started to seem like a bad idea when the economy really start to take a dive and a lot of electricians were put on the bench. I stayed focused and did what I set out to do.

In June 09 I was blessed with a job opportunity at a premiere electircal company. All why still attending school. I've recently graduated Tesst College this month.

I'm currently working on the Service and Critical Support Department.
I'm continuing my apprenticeship with my company as a 1st year even though I could have took a skip test but I figure you can never learn to much

Critical Support Department maintains a dedicated Critical Power Group. This specialized group boasts more than 35 years combined experience with Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Systems, battery back-up systems, HVAC systems, Emergency Generators and their associated switchgear.
Youaliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 5,198
Default live

Is that the truth?
RIVETER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVETER View Post
Is that the truth?
Yes the honest to goodness truth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 11:51 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,728

Who are you working for?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian john View Post
Who are you working for?
Unfortunately i can't discuss that, due to security policies of the company.. normally I'd just say it but with companies looking for any reason to lay people off I'm not gonna take that risk of them having EYES on here.

What i can say it is a Non Union company, that sometimes contract out to Union companies i guess that's good business ethics to keep the peace if i must say.

One of the largest in the area I believe. (At least that's what I've been told)

One of the nation’s premier design/build electrical
contractors, announced its third consecutive Top 10 ranking in Engineering News Record’s annual Top 50 Electrical
Contractors list and its fifth consecutive year in the Top 50.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:06 AM   #6

Congratulations on the recent graduation. That definitely sounded like you took the task at hand seriously, made a calculated risk, and came out on top. Very nice.

I'm new to the site as well. Hope to get to talk some more.

Peace
PJSkiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:11 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,000

Welcome to the forum.
william1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:37 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 1,522

OK, you can stay.
ralpha494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:10 PM   #9
Professional Nit Picker