hey - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 10-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default hey

is it really important for a company to care where you live it seems like all the contractors only want to hire people who live in certain areas
like i do have the right to live and work where ever i want
like this company only wants to hire people that live in vernal utah but the company is located like 4 hours of drive away from vernal
that seems to me like as soon as project is over so am i
any thoughts
hard hat rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
Mensa Player

Rewards Points: 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard hat rocker View Post
is it really important for a company to care where you live it seems like all the contractors only want to hire people who live in certain areas
It could make a big difference. If a service call is needed, someone who lives in a certain area can cover it in a timely manner. People who live far away are more prone to being late because they have a better chance to hit traffic. They are also the ones who would call out sick during storms or snow.
Quote:
like i do have the right to live and work where ever i want
You do NOT have a right to any job.
Quote:
like this company only wants to hire people that live in vernal utah but the company is located like 4 hours of drive away from vernal
that seems to me like as soon as project is over so am i
any thoughts
Welcome to the construction world!
HackWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #3

ya that answered my question at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #4

with an attitude like that thats y u probably dont have a job or know anything about electric or construction
Old 10-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
Mensa Player

Quote:
ya that answered my question at all
Huh?

No offense, but you are very hard to understand. Your written English is at 2nd grade level. In the other thread you used the word "batterys". Your spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation are all horrid.

If you are looking for a job the first thing you need to do is be able to present yourself like a responsible, intelligent adult. I strongly suggest you practice your writing (and possibly your speaking) skills. It will help you get the job that you are looking for.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
Mensa Player

Quote:
with an attitude like that thats y u probably dont have a job or know anything about electric or construction
I assume this is meant for me?

So I don't have a job and I don't know anything about electric or construction, huh?

I find enough trouble here without snotty little pricks like you, I am going to leave this thread for the others.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #7
jza
Mad as Hell Member

Rewards Points: 2,318

I agree with Hackwork. Of course it's hard finding a job when you can't communicate coherently.
jza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 2,000

Welcome to the forum.
william1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #9
Electric Al

Rewards Points: 2,306

Quote:
Originally Posted by william1978 View Post
Welcome to the forum.
YIKES!