Howdy Folks - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 03-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150
Default Howdy Folks

Hi y'all. My name's Mark and I just found this forum today. Imagine my surprise at finding a whole forum full of people crazy enough to do this for a living.

I started out in 1972 at the tender age of 12. My dad had just got out of the Army and was wiring houses. I messed up one saturday morning and asked why I didn't get an allowance like the other kids in school. He grinned and said, "Funny you should mention that. Get in the truck". I was his helper for the next four years, when he went to work for Southwestern Bell.

At that point I got in the summer helper program with Local 527.

I've been in the trade ever since. I spent 6 yrs in the Navy as an ET, then taught Electronics Theory at the proprietary and post-seconday level for the next 5 years.

In 1990 I passed the Journeyman's Test and in 2,000 passed the SBCCI Mater Electrician's Exam.

In 2005, the State of Texas took over our licensing and testing so I hold a State of Texas Master Electrician's License.

After a career of Construction and Service work of around 30 years or so, I went to work as an Electrical Inspector. I plan on retiring as one.

Mark
wesleydnunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
RIP 1959-2015

Rewards Points: 1,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleydnunder View Post
Hi y'all. My name's Mark and I just found this forum today. Imagine my surprise at finding a whole forum full of people crazy enough to do this for a living.

I started out in 1972 at the tender age of 12. My dad had just got out of the Army and was wiring houses. I messed up one saturday morning and asked why I didn't get an allowance like the other kids in school. He grinned and said, "Funny you should mention that. Get in the truck". I was his helper for the next four years, when he went to work for Southwestern Bell.

At that point I got in the summer helper program with Local 527.

I've been in the trade ever since. I spent 6 yrs in the Navy as an ET, then taught Electronics Theory at the proprietary and post-seconday level for the next 5 years.

In 1990 I passed the Journeyman's Test and in 2,000 passed the SBCCI Mater Electrician's Exam.

In 2005, the State of Texas took over our licensing and testing so I hold a State of Texas Master Electrician's License.

After a career of Construction and Service work of around 30 years or so, I went to work as an Electrical Inspector. I plan on retiring as one.

Mark
Welcome to the forum Electrical Inspector.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HARRY304E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Wire Ninja

Rewards Points: 6,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleydnunder View Post

Mark
That's fantastic. The guys who have actually done this stuff before make great inspectors. We'll save our thoughts on those fancy-dancy "combo inspectors" for another thread.

Welcome.
MDShunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
evil bastard

Rewards Points: 746

You're right MD, one of my favorite inspectors is an ex- EC. He's very good at what he does. Smile Casey if you're reading this
mcclary's electrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,050
Default H

Howdy

I'm shakin it boss..I'm shakin it
Cletis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 14,714

Hi Mark and welcome.
Three vastly different enemies, but enemies who shared one common trait. ALL of them stifle free speech. All of them bully, degrade and terrorize those who hold opposing views and who peacefully express them. All of them are intolerant and demand “loyalty” to the leader. Michael Sand
hardworkingstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 150

Thanks for the warm welcome, y'all.

Mark
wesleydnunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #8

Default stump

I love trying to stump inspectors. Should be fun...

Old 03-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
I love trying to stump inspectors. Should be fun...
How about a game of stump cletis?
Chris1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1971 View Post
That's too easy, unless you want him to paint his toe nails!

Welcome to the crazy farm!

jbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
evil bastard

Rewards Points: 746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1971 View Post

Can you run SER to a pool sub panel outdoors?
mcclary's electrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #12

Default Yes/NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclary's electrical View Post
Can you run SER to a pool sub panel outdoors?
Yes/No

Where I'm at Yes (amendment). NEC No.