IBEW Local 11 - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Easy

Old 06-26-2018, 09:19 PM   #1

Default IBEW Local 11

Just got in the CW program as I am still waiting for the book camp call. Can someone explain a little bit about the CW program and will I actually get jobs weekly? Ive been a CW for a few weeks now and still haven’t gotten a calls.

Thanks
SoCal8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2018, 12:15 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,474

Welcome to Electrician Talk.
Thanks for taking the time to fill out your profile.

I am not familiar with the CA rules or the CW license. But we have several guys here from CA and they can help. Hang in there.
You might want to be a bit more specific as you say your trade is "sound". I have no idea what you mean.
John Valdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 02:22 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 6,463

What's up with Local 11? I'm willing to travel, but their job call board is a secret that apparently only members with the super secret password can access. Got my traveling papers and everything, but 11 doesn't seem to want help.

Do you have the super secret password?
Didn't think so. I got a story about local 11, but I'll spare everybody the horror.

Next general meeting, you should suggest they open their job's board to everybody, not just their members.
Good luck getting work out of that local. I know they have work, and should welcome travelers, but.............they're "different" for some reason, so I can't really help you with your question. Call the hall and ask them.

We welcome travelers at 477, and have a great CW/CE program (just no work).
Good luck, ~bro.
joebanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2018, 05:15 PM   #4

Hello, I have to go into the office in commerce, ca for the
“IBEW LOCAL 11 INSIDE WIRE APPRENTICESHIP ENTRANCE EXAM”
and was wondering at what point do they do the drug test and hair follicle drug test.
Is it the day of the exam? (All I’ve done in the application process thus far is applied online)

Thank you
New213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:45 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,274

Normally I would say if you carry a wallet, loose it. It's bad for your spine.

In your case though, you'll want a good leather one. There going to pull your hair so much you'll need something to bite down on.
cabletie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:02 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 166

Welcome Local 11. I think that's Orange County Ca. I forget the city? Anyway Welcome.
I can't even help you and I live in California. I'm old, so cut me some slack.. California is a strange animal. Lucky for me I never spent a day sitting on the books and never had to go through what you are now. I worked out of local 2295 for 31 yrs and only went to the hall to vote on contracts. 2295 is a maintenance electrical local and not so much construction but its worth a shot. Good Pay depending on the company you get sent to most of them were permanent positions. Probably not the same any more. Don't know.. If your licensed or not you might want to look for a non-union contractor. I just cant see sitting at the hall waiting 2 weeks. Travel to another state if you don't have ties. If I were younger I would see whats up in Puerto Rico. There must be work there. Many large companies have moved out of California because of the EPA and environmental restrictions, taxes and regulations. That's where research come in. Find a state that has lots of demand for electricians.
Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:09 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 166

New213 .. Drug testing is part of the game now days. So be ready for it... I just wish pot was off the list
John Valdes likes this.
Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #8

Yeah...so do I.! Anyway just trying to figure out if my odds are crushed.

If the drug test come the day that I go in and take the entrance exam, or if they schedule something after that 🏻🏻
New213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:25 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 6

new while i suggest you simply stay away from whatever drug you are concerned about there is no drug test until you are accepted off the pool of eligibility atleast.
ConstantStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:41 PM   #10
Gold Pliers Champion

Rewards Points: 1,958

@SoCal8 , welcome to ET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New213 View Post
Yeah...so do I.! Anyway just trying to figure out if my odds are crushed.

If the drug test come the day that I go in and take the entrance exam, or if they schedule something after that 🏻🏻
Now this.^^^^ I have to ask what the hell is this?
I seem to see it more and more. People starting or ending posts with jibberish random characters.
Does this mean you're having a seizure or something?

EDIT: Okay never mind. I looked it up, it's hex code for an emoji that the browser didn't decode properly.

Last edited by Signal1; 10-06-2018 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Google is my friend
Signal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 306

Welcome
This is a great place to learn, so start by browsing some of the areas that interest you to start your learning path. When you ask a question please give as much information as you can, and you will get a more professional response. When you ask a question without details we are not mind readers and people will let you know. It is part of the trade to be tough skinned but it is one of the most tight nit trades there is. Also if you post a question please come back and give us the out come, allot of original posters never tell us the outcome.
Good luck
Cowboy
P.S. Harry/Blackdog says Welcome.