Josue Very late intro. - Page 4 - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #61
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 15,674
Rewards Points: 804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmanscott View Post
Since we are all confessing, I am a lesbian biker chick from the Dominican Republic. Howdy boys!

Oh yeah, I'm also 11.

I hope you can get over the deception David, sorry you had to get tangled in my web of lies.

Go to http://www.lesbianbikerchickfromdomi...arsoldtalk.com
Chris1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #62
RIP 1959-2015
 
HARRY304E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Reporting from the east coast of Moonbatchusetts..
Posts: 39,624
Rewards Points: 1,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmanscott View Post
Since we are all confessing, I am a lesbian biker chick from the Dominican Republic. Howdy boys!

Oh yeah, I'm also 11.

I hope you can get over the deception David, sorry you had to get tangled in my web of lies.
Well at least your not a teenager...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HARRY304E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Bkessler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CA/MI
Posts: 5,669
Rewards Points: 2,002
Default

I am a bit surprised that one of the most interesting personalities on this forum is only 15. Its just funny that he's more well spoken than half the members on here.
__________________
When ls lunch?
Bkessler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bkessler For This Useful Post:
electricmanscott (04-07-2011), guest (04-07-2011), The Lightman (04-07-2011), wingz (04-07-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #64
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,180
Rewards Points: 500
Default

Josue, you rock! You should have done a poll. By your pevious posts, I would have guessed your age to be about 34. You have an unusual thirst for knowledge for a young man. Keep it up.
The Lightman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Lightman For This Useful Post:
guest (04-07-2011)
Old 04-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #65
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,180
Rewards Points: 500
Default

When I was in Los Cabos last fall, I sent a PM to Josue. An invite for a drink, as his location in Mexico was not specified. I rarely drink anymore, I am more of a workaholic. He declined. Josue informed me that he does not use alcohol. The rest of you can forget about that PM. I do not wish to be the target of an international internet sting for contributing to anyones' delinquency.

Last edited by The Lightman; 04-07-2011 at 07:12 PM.
The Lightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #66
Jesus Scott
 
electricmanscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 9,383
Rewards Points: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkessler View Post
I am a bit surprised that one of the most interesting personalities on this forum is only 15. Its just funny that he's more well spoken than half the members on here.
Yeah, but Mexicans only have a life expectancy of 26 (thank god for that we have enough already ) so it's like he's 84
__________________
Quote:
Life is hard
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
electricmanscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alaska/Nevada
Posts: 1,415
Rewards Points: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg408 View Post
Let's all take advice from a teenager who lives in a country where there is no real electrical code...


A comparison of the NFPA National Electrical Code (NEC) and IEC 60364



Two documents serve as the basis for electrical wiring in 90% of the world, according to a report prepared by Underwriters Laboratory.
  • <LI style="tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3" class=MsoNormal>National Electrical Code (NEC) published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
  • IEC 60364 published by the International Electrotechnical Commission.
The NEC was developed based on a need in North America to standardize the installation of electrical systems as they were being developed. The NEC therefore evolved, historically, as systems and technology progressed. The NEC contains mandatory language that allows for use by designers, installers and AHJ’s to ensure that adequate safety levels are met. It covers a wide range of requirements, including hazardous locations (explosive atmospheres), which IEC 60364 does not.

On the other hand, IEC 60364’s purpose is to only provide guidance. Efforts were made to harmonize the electrical installation requirements in 1969, but these efforts were unsuccessful because of the large number of differences between the various systems prevalent throughout Europe. The result, therefore, was a document (IEC 60364) that provided guidance to an authority on developing national wiring principles that would, in turn, serve as the basis to further develop practices, such as are outlined in the NEC. As stated in a report prepared by Underwriters Laboratory, “Countries adopting IEC 60364…need to develop additional rules usable by electrical system designers, installers, and enforcing authorities.”[i]

The NEC is in use in all 50 states in the United States. Countries that have formally adopted the NEC include Mexico, Costa Rica, Venezuela and Columbia. Many countries in South America use the Code, and it has been translated into Spanish, Korean and Japanese. (Candee, Keith, Bunker)

The NEC has a regular, three-year cycle for updating its material. There are 478 people on 20 NEC code-making panels involved in a rigorous review of the material contained within the NEC and ensuring that it reflects the current state of the art. (Bunker)

Revision of IEC 60364 is not done on a regular timetable, as with the NEC. It is a collection of 38 documents and 10 amendments, all of which have varying publications date. There are some documents contained within IEC 60364 that have not been updated since being issued in 1977.

The NEC does not limit specific voltage requirements for an installation. The IEC, on the other hand, does limit its scope to the installation of circuits up to 1,000 V. Such limitations, the report states, “this could be a serious consideration for high-rise building installations.”

The report outlines some of the difficulties involved with using IEC 60364 because of the layout of the document. Requirements are located throughout a number of chapters, some of which contain information that was issued in 1977, for example. (An amendment was appended to this chapter, however, to delete the references to some of the outdated information.) The report goes on to further state “rules which cover one safety feature are located in different parts of the documents.”

Furthermore, because IEC 60364’s rules stop at the socket outlet, it does not take into account the overcurrent protection that may be required for current-using equipment, as does the NEC. This could result in “inappropriate or hazardous installations” when using IEC 60364.

Even though it would be necessary to make some adjustments in the NEC because of metric conversions and the use of 240 V systems versus 120 V systems, the report goes on to say that “from the standpoint of uniform application and enforcement, the NEC, with its comprehensive requirements, would be a more appropriate base document for development of national wiring rules.” Few changes would be necessary to adopt the NEC because it is designed as a model code, suitable for adoption.

IEC 60364 is not designed as a model code document. This document only provides the authority with guidance on developing national wiring rules-it is not the code itself, as with the NEC. Another document, compatible with IEC 60364, must be developed to provide these rules.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the NEC IS THE CODE FOR MEXICO so a stop by here is a very smart move

Not to mention many points further south!
__________________
Don't let fear be your guide!
Rockyd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockyd For This Useful Post:
miller_elex (04-07-2011)
Old 04-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philly
Posts: 4,465
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg408 View Post
Oh, Frasbee, we all wish we could go back in time to those carefree days and have it better than we did...but we cant!!! Suck it up and deal with it!!!
That wasn't my point. I was trying to get at the notion that instead of raggin' on the guy for being so young we should be cultivating this kind of behavior in more young people.
Frasbee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frasbee For This Useful Post:
guest (04-07-2011), The Lightman (04-07-2011)
Old 04-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Davidg408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 272
Rewards Points: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmanscott View Post
Since we are all confessing, I am a lesbian biker chick from the Dominican Republic. Howdy boys!

Oh yeah, I'm also 11.

I hope you can get over the deception David, sorry you had to get tangled in my web of lies.
Are you hot at least?!?

It's easier to get over a hot chick's deception...
__________________
The sword is only as powerful as its master
Davidg408 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Davidg408 For This Useful Post:
electricmanscott (04-07-2011)
Old 04-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Davidg408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 272
Rewards Points: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkessler View Post
I am a bit surprised that one of the most interesting personalities on this forum is only 15. Its just funny that he's more well spoken than half the members on here.
He's probably using Google Translate to communicate on here!!
__________________
The sword is only as powerful as its master
Davidg408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
Davidg408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 272
Rewards Points: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyd View Post
A comparison of the NFPA National Electrical Code (NEC) and IEC 60364



Two documents serve as the basis for electrical wiring in 90% of the world, according to a report prepared by Underwriters Laboratory.
  • <LI style="tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3" class=MsoNormal>National Electrical Code (NEC) published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
  • IEC 60364 published by the International Electrotechnical Commission.
The NEC was developed based on a need in North America to standardize the installation of electrical systems as they were being developed. The NEC therefore evolved, historically, as systems and technology progressed. The NEC contains mandatory language that allows for use by designers, installers and AHJ’s to ensure that adequate safety levels are met. It covers a wide range of requirements, including hazardous locations (explosive atmospheres), which IEC 60364 does not.

On the other hand, IEC 60364’s purpose is to only provide guidance. Efforts were made to harmonize the electrical installation requirements in 1969, but these efforts were unsuccessful because of the large number of differences between the various systems prevalent throughout Europe. The result, therefore, was a document (IEC 60364) that provided guidance to an authority on developing national wiring principles that would, in turn, serve as the basis to further develop practices, such as are outlined in the NEC. As stated in a report prepared by Underwriters Laboratory, “Countries adopting IEC 60364…need to develop additional rules usable by electrical system designers, installers, and enforcing authorities.”[i]

The NEC is in use in all 50 states in the United States. Countries that have formally adopted the NEC include Mexico, Costa Rica, Venezuela and Columbia. Many countries in South America use the Code, and it has been translated into Spanish, Korean and Japanese. (Candee, Keith, Bunker)

The NEC has a regular, three-year cycle for updating its material. There are 478 people on 20 NEC code-making panels involved in a rigorous review of the material contained within the NEC and ensuring that it reflects the current state of the art. (Bunker)

Revision of IEC 60364 is not done on a regular timetable, as with the NEC. It is a collection of 38 documents and 10 amendments, all of which have varying publications date. There are some documents contained within IEC 60364 that have not been updated since being issued in 1977.

The NEC does not limit specific voltage requirements for an installation. The IEC, on the other hand, does limit its scope to the installation of circuits up to 1,000 V. Such limitations, the report states, “this could be a serious consideration for high-rise building installations.”

The report outlines some of the difficulties involved with using IEC 60364 because of the layout of the document. Requirements are located throughout a number of chapters, some of which contain information that was issued in 1977, for example. (An amendment was appended to this chapter, however, to delete the references to some of the outdated information.) The report goes on to further state “rules which cover one safety feature are located in different parts of the documents.”

Furthermore, because IEC 60364’s rules stop at the socket outlet, it does not take into account the overcurrent protection that may be required for current-using equipment, as does the NEC. This could result in “inappropriate or hazardous installations” when using IEC 60364.

Even though it would be necessary to make some adjustments in the NEC because of metric conversions and the use of 240 V systems versus 120 V systems, the report goes on to say that “from the standpoint of uniform application and enforcement, the NEC, with its comprehensive requirements, would be a more appropriate base document for development of national wiring rules.” Few changes would be necessary to adopt the NEC because it is designed as a model code, suitable for adoption.

IEC 60364 is not designed as a model code document. This document only provides the authority with guidance on developing national wiring rules-it is not the code itself, as with the NEC. Another document, compatible with IEC 60364, must be developed to provide these rules.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the NEC IS THE CODE FOR MEXICO so a stop by here is a very smart move

Not to mention many points further south!
Thanks for taking the time to research this and pointing it out...

While they may have adopted it, doesn't mean they enforce it! Have you been down there...? Yup, not quite up to par!
__________________
The sword is only as powerful as its master
Davidg408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Davidg408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 272
Rewards Points: 252
Default

I have to put this out there: I concede that I may have come off a bit harsh with our lil buddy down in old Mexico. I agree, we should all praise the fact that at such a young age he has not only decided on a career path but is passionately going after it. (Especially in this day & age when most his age are selfish and unmotivated).

So, here's my proposal: Let's adopt him! Let's put our money where our mouth is!! We can start a fund to support his career path. We can use PayPal...we can even take turns flying him up here to make him an apprentice for our respective companies!! Who's first????
__________________
The sword is only as powerful as its master
Davidg408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
Bkessler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CA/MI
Posts: 5,669
Rewards Points: 2,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg408 View Post
I have to put this out there: I concede that I may have come off a bit harsh with our lil buddy down in old Mexico. I agree, we should all praise the fact that at such a young age he has not only decided on a career path but is passionately going after it. (Especially in this day & age when most his age are selfish and unmotivated).

So, here's my proposal: Let's adopt him! Let's put our money where our mouth is!! We can start a fund to support his career path. We can use PayPal...we can even take turns flying him up here to make him an apprentice for our respective companies!! Who's first????
Can you clarify, are you being a trying to be a **** or attempting to be funny?
__________________
When ls lunch?
Bkessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
Davidg408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 272
Rewards Points: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkessler View Post
Can you clarify, are you being a trying to be a **** or attempting to be funny?
I'm freakin' dead serious about this! No b.s.
__________________
The sword is only as powerful as its master
Davidg408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NOYB
Posts: 4,665
Rewards Points: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg408 View Post
Dude, you got way too much time on your hands to go back and analyze every word that I posted on this thread! Seems the puffing is coming from you...Napoleon complex much??? I never apologized or pretended to do so, simply stated that I was outnumbered not that I thought I was wrong. Inflammatory comments?? Really? I've seen worse on this forum and didn't hear anyone crying about it before this! One man's inflammatory comments is another man's opinion and if you feel a need to nitpick everything a specific member is writing maybe you'd do better on the Oprah forum than here.

It appears as though you're way more hurt over what has been posted than Josue is. Buffered my opinion to suit who??? You? Josue? Guess I was wrong in assuming that I was dealing with grown ups here...the reason this is not a child's forum is because of some of the harshness that may not be suitable for them- if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, better yet don't enter it in the first place. Can't expect to paint yourself as an adult for a year and then say, "Hey, I'm only 15, oops forgot to mention it!" I still say, what's the truth?? (That is again, is my opinion, which even you concede I am entitled to).

Not dignifying would be not responding but you felt the need to put your 2 cents in about every word I've posted here thus far.

You are right on one point, it's Nathan's site... and maybe he didn't foresee something like this happening. This site does not allow home owners to participate but allows 15 year old's to impersonate an electrician??

And, the difference between this site and the other one you mentioned is that in that case the teenager was upfront and everyone knew who they were dealing with from the get go.

In regards to Josue's daddy and his size... is that the best you can do? (Dude, you got me shaking in my boots!)
Since I have spent quite a few years running motocross races, and having to protect my riders (most of whom are in Josues' age bracket) from all kinds of harm, including abusive and asshole parents, my reaction to you is pretty much ingrained and an automatic response. I have had several grateful parents thank me for how I handled some very difficult situations.

Your attitude is very clear to everyone and even though most didn't say anything it is pretty obvious. As a new member here you're really trying hard to get banned or make enemies aren't you? You mentioned concerns about trolls before and your conduct in this thread fits the classic definition of a troll. Guess it takes one to know one.

NOT ONE of your posts so far has offer up any constructive advice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlarson View Post
The teenager might very well be right.
And sometimes they are. Thank you for this comment!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkessler View Post
Can you clarify, are you being a trying to be a **** or attempting to be funny?
I think you all know my vote.

WTF kind of thing is that offer? To a minor no less?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #76
Senior Member
 
Davidg408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 272
Rewards Points: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxslick View Post
Since I have spent quite a few years running motocross races, and having to protect my riders (most of whom are in Josues' age bracket) from all kinds of harm, including abusive and asshole parents, my reaction to you is pretty much ingrained and an automatic response. I have had several grateful parents thank me for how I handled some very difficult situations.

Your attitude is very clear to everyone and even though most didn't say anything it is pretty obvious. As a new member here you're really trying hard to get banned or make enemies aren't you? You mentioned concerns about trolls before and your conduct in this thread fits the classic definition of a troll. Guess it takes one to know one.

NOT ONE of your posts so far has offer up any constructive advice.




And sometimes they are. Thank you for this comment!!



I think you all know my vote.

WTF kind of thing is that offer? To a minor no less?
I understand and commend you for your parental instinct in regards to this young man...there should be more people like you in the world.

As I mentioned before, as a new member I may not have been 100% clear on the way things run around here but I am no way trying to make enemies or get kicked off, as you say. I don't see anyone (of importance, anyways) saying that my conduct is worthy of expulsion. You say it's clear to everyone, but you're the only one complaining...even after I admitted I was too harsh - I don't get you.

Seems like nothing will satisfy you...my offer was sincere and I am willing to make the first donation to this cause. We could have one of the moderators be in charge of the PayPal account. There are exchange programs all over the world where students travel for study. This would be no different - he'd be given a chance, to learn, hands on and the visit may cement his thoughts on his plans to come here later in life as he mentioned in his post. This might be something the site could do on a yearly or by-yearly basis w/the help of the members. I'm all about giving back.
__________________
The sword is only as powerful as its master
Davidg408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #77
√-1 2³ Σ π
 
Josue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mexico
Posts: 3,465
Rewards Points: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
No problem Josue, but I am left wondering if you are just pulling a fast one seeing how many believe you. Thinking you may be the dad in the pic there.
I echo Eric37, You have acted more mature than many of us, including me.
I am the little guy

Really

What would I gain by lying about that???!!!!
__________________
Do you want a good job or a fast job?
Josue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #78
√-1 2³ Σ π
 
Josue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mexico
Posts: 3,465
Rewards Points: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_elex View Post
Ugh, I feel so violated.

That aside, you will go far Josue. And I don't mean the distance.

Who was the pic of in that basement by the Mexican deer?? Your uncle?
Which picture?????
__________________
Do you want a good job or a fast job?
Josue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #79
√-1 2³ Σ π
 
Josue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mexico
Posts: 3,465
Rewards Points: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmanscott View Post
Since we are all confessing, I am a lesbian biker chick from the Dominican Republic. Howdy boys!

Oh yeah, I'm also 11.

I hope you can get over the deception David, sorry you had to get tangled in my web of lies.
__________________
Do you want a good job or a fast job?
Josue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #80
√-1 2³ Σ π
 
Josue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mexico
Posts: 3,465
Rewards Points: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyd View Post
A comparison of the NFPA National Electrical Code (NEC) and IEC 60364



Two documents serve as the basis for electrical wiring in 90% of the world, according to a report prepared by Underwriters Laboratory.
  • <LI style="tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3" class=MsoNormal>National Electrical Code (NEC) published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
  • IEC 60364 published by the International Electrotechnical Commission.
The NEC was developed based on a need in North America to standardize the installation of electrical systems as they were being developed. The NEC therefore evolved, historically, as systems and technology progressed. The NEC contains mandatory language that allows for use by designers, installers and AHJ’s to ensure that adequate safety levels are met. It covers a wide range of requirements, including hazardous locations (explosive atmospheres), which IEC 60364 does not.

On the other hand, IEC 60364’s purpose is to only provide guidance. Efforts were made to harmonize the electrical installation requirements in 1969, but these efforts were unsuccessful because of the large number of differences between the various systems prevalent throughout Europe. The result, therefore, was a document (IEC 60364) that provided guidance to an authority on developing national wiring principles that would, in turn, serve as the basis to further develop practices, such as are outlined in the NEC. As stated in a report prepared by Underwriters Laboratory, “Countries adopting IEC 60364…need to develop additional rules usable by electrical system designers, installers, and enforcing authorities.”[i]

The NEC is in use in all 50 states in the United States. Countries that have formally adopted the NEC include Mexico, Costa Rica, Venezuela and Columbia. Many countries in South America use the Code, and it has been translated into Spanish, Korean and Japanese. (Candee, Keith, Bunker)

The NEC has a regular, three-year cycle for updating its material. There are 478 people on 20 NEC code-making panels involved in a rigorous review of the material contained within the NEC and ensuring that it reflects the current state of the art. (Bunker)

Revision of IEC 60364 is not done on a regular timetable, as with the NEC. It is a collection of 38 documents and 10 amendments, all of which have varying publications date. There are some documents contained within IEC 60364 that have not been updated since being issued in 1977.

The NEC does not limit specific voltage requirements for an installation. The IEC, on the other hand, does limit its scope to the installation of circuits up to 1,000 V. Such limitations, the report states, “this could be a serious consideration for high-rise building installations.”

The report outlines some of the difficulties involved with using IEC 60364 because of the layout of the document. Requirements are located throughout a number of chapters, some of which contain information that was issued in 1977, for example. (An amendment was appended to this chapter, however, to delete the references to some of the outdated information.) The report goes on to further state “rules which cover one safety feature are located in different parts of the documents.”

Furthermore, because IEC 60364’s rules stop at the socket outlet, it does not take into account the overcurrent protection that may be required for current-using equipment, as does the NEC. This could result in “inappropriate or hazardous installations” when using IEC 60364.

Even though it would be necessary to make some adjustments in the NEC because of metric conversions and the use of 240 V systems versus 120 V systems, the report goes on to say that “from the standpoint of uniform application and enforcement, the NEC, with its comprehensive requirements, would be a more appropriate base document for development of national wiring rules.” Few changes would be necessary to adopt the NEC because it is designed as a model code, suitable for adoption.

IEC 60364 is not designed as a model code document. This document only provides the authority with guidance on developing national wiring rules-it is not the code itself, as with the NEC. Another document, compatible with IEC 60364, must be developed to provide these rules.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the NEC IS THE CODE FOR MEXICO so a stop by here is a very smart move

Not to mention many points further south!

That's right.
I have the Mexican Electrical Code in PDF in my computer. It is as long as the NEC.
__________________
Do you want a good job or a fast job?
Josue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Josue For This Useful Post:
guest (04-08-2011), Rockyd (04-07-2011)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Little late intro.... OaklandElec New Member Introductions 14 02-08-2011 03:59 AM
late charge redsox98 Business, Marketing, and Sales 9 10-25-2010 12:51 AM
Too Late AJohnson456 Union Topics 31 06-09-2009 09:59 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PaintTalk.com | PlumbingZone.com | RoofingTalk.com