Mlussier from Edmonton, AB - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mlussier

Old 06-27-2018, 09:56 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 6
Smile Mlussier from Edmonton, AB

Hey everyone!

I've been to this site before and today I decided to join because I think I can make use of this forum and make awesome new connections throughout my career!

Here's a little bit about me. I am a 3rd Year Apprentice Electrician and would like to acquire my Journeyman Ticket, Master's Ticket and then eventually get my Professional Electrical Contractor designation.

What really brought me to the site is the opportunity to meet very knowledgeable people or maybe even find a job! I'm in the IBEW424, but I am open to any kind of electrical work!

Thanks for being considerate and reading my introduction. I am looking forward to meeting some cool people!

Cheers!
John Valdes likes this.
Mlussier is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2018, 10:43 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,376

Welcome to the forum & best of success with your aspirations.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(833) GPS-TIME
MikeFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:09 AM   #3
:-)

Rewards Points: 2,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlussier View Post

What really brought me to the site is the opportunity to meet very knowledgeable people or maybe even find a job! I'm in the IBEW424, but I am open to any kind of electrical work!

Cheers!
Welcome and good luck with your career. There are a few folks from Alberta here.

No work out of 424?

@99cents is talking about the oilfield picking up in another thread. Now he is a pretty cool guy I think. Likes to pull the chains of some of the Americans here tho.

I'm retired (I think) but do change the odd light bulb, etc.

I like perfect.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by daveEM; 06-28-2018 at 05:21 AM.
daveEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2018, 06:50 AM   #4

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

daveEM, the IBEW 424 is very slow at the moment. It would sure be nice to see the oilfield pickup soon!
Old 06-28-2018, 07:07 AM   #5
Petulant Amateur

Rewards Points: 10,943

Yeah, 424 is slow right now. 424 buddy told me Chemco went dark side. That's gotta hurt.

Oil stocks are rebounding. Price per barrel is over $70. Sanctions on Iran. Those are good signs. Shell has some things coming. I'm thinking it will be spring before the rebound gets any traction, though. Oil companies use the bad times to cheap out, restructure, whine and complain and buy out the weaklings. I'm thinking that's over (plus they're making a killing at retail).

Last edited by 99cents; 06-28-2018 at 07:10 AM.
99cents is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:51 AM   #6
Gold Pliers Champion

Rewards Points: 2,020

Welcome to ET!
Signal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:09 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,588

Welcome to Electrician Talk.
Thanks for taking the time to fill out your profile.
John Valdes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 04:03 PM   #8

Once again, thanks guys for the warm welcome!

Thanks 99cents for your post! As far as Chemco goes, I see some service people Downtown doing some electrical work and I was curious.... Being the vigilant 424 member that I am, I decided to ask the white hat of the crew if they were local 424. He said yes, but to get employed in the division he is in (which is the telecom division), one would have to submit a resume to Chemco and you would be under 424 without the benefits, but you would get them from Chemco is what I understood.

As for the Sanctions you talk about in Iran, that sounds like it may be good news for our Local. It is good News to see the prices climb, it is even better News to see the
Barrels being cut by 400,000 to 1 million out of Iran's/Saudi's hands. This result would consequently (and is a very good consequence) would raise the price per Barrel up to 90 within 6 months from now! Hopefully this mandate causes companies to employ workers to increase production for the sake of stability in the Canadian Economic aspect of Oil Business.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:07 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 546

Welcome fellow YEG member!
Old 06-28-2018, 06:32 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 16

Wecome sir
DON.L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apprentice electrician