New to site - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By macmikeman
  • 1 Post By macmikeman
  • 1 Post By John Valdes

Old 12-27-2017, 07:33 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 6
Default New to site

hi everyone, I am new to this site and I am a certified Corrosion Technician with a Energy company, I do electrical as part of my job but I am not a certified electrician. I am hoping that I might help others with corrosion issues and maybe I could get some help with electrical issues

thanks
Traskman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
Senile Member

Rewards Points: 16,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traskman View Post
hi everyone, I am new to this site and I am a certified Corrosion Technician with a Energy company, I do electrical as part of my job but I am not a certified electrician. I am hoping that I might help others with corrosion issues and maybe I could get some help with electrical issues

thanks

I just bought a van. should I put in one of those little boxes with the green flashing led light? The ones they say at the dealer stop the rust?
lighterup likes this.
Just days before China unveiled a nuclear weapon that can "strike the US within 30 minutes with ten warheads" as part of a giant military parade, US Major General Lori Reynolds announced she's declaring "diversity" is a "warfighting necessity" which will help America defeat the more homogeneous nations of China and Russia.
macmikeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #3

I am not sure those things work, but you need an Anode (maybe inside the box ) you need a Cathode ( metal of car ) you need Electrolyte ( maybe water, snow ) and a Metallic couple ( screws mounting the box ) so I guess it could work but I would think only in the area of the box but I am NOT an expert on those. I do know Cathodic protection, impressed or Galvanic has been around for a really long time and if you could keep a car from rusting by putting a Anode on them everyone would have one I would think

I handle underground corrosion control on pipe lines and tanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2017, 09:12 PM   #4
Senile Member

Rewards Points: 16,655

You just shredded the social fabric of my delusion...............
lighterup likes this.
Just days before China unveiled a nuclear weapon that can "strike the US within 30 minutes with ten warheads" as part of a giant military parade, US Major General Lori Reynolds announced she's declaring "diversity" is a "warfighting necessity" which will help America defeat the more homogeneous nations of China and Russia.
macmikeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:05 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traskman View Post

thanks
Hello Traskman.
If you are indeed in the electrical trade, let me welcome you to our forum.
However, this is a professional site and like new hires, we will know in no time flat, if you are indeed in our trade. We spot impostors on the job before lunch. So be forewarned.
Thanks for coming aboard.
MechanicalDVR likes this.
John Valdes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:56 AM   #6

Default Impostor ?

to all, as stated in my first post I am a certified Corrosion Technician and this would NACE certified (National Association of Corrosion Engineers ) I do some electrical like wire up Rectifiers to A/C limited to 120/240v and the D/C output sides (Anode, Cathodes )now outside of work I do all of my own home electrical type of work myself.
now maybe I missed something and maybe what I do as not part of the ''Electrical Trade'' than you can delete me from your form and I will look elsewhere for knowledge
and by no means do I want to be an ''Imposter''

thank you
Old 12-30-2017, 08:28 AM   #7
Can't sign em..forget em

Rewards Points: 10,148

Welcome to ET. What Mr Valdes means is that many have
ignored the qualifier about the differences between the
intent of this forum and the intent of a DIY forum .

What I would say is , your expertise may not jive with
the expertise of commercial industrial , residential
electricians trades , but hey your here , so the floor is
yours.

Pick a category to post under and begin a topic of what's
on your mind.
lighterup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:30 AM   #8
Old Grumpy Bastard

Rewards Points: 1,552

Welcome aboard @Traskman!

Enjoy your ride here.