T-12 retrofit - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 08-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default T-12 retrofit

Hello My name is Tim and I am the owner of a small lighting company, American Bandit Corp. I found this site while searching to see what is out there as far as retro fitting a T-12 .
We manufacture a retrofit for all the T-12's at half the cost of an new T-8
Our fixture is a reflector that mounts directly to the frame of the existing light, it is highly reflective and has 4- E-26 lamp holders so you can use the CFL bulbs of your choice. This fixture exceeds the new requirements for
LPW, Lumens per Watt. It is designed to fit all 4 1/4 inch frames of the T-12.
You can leave all the old wiring and frame in place, throw away the the T-12 bulbs, throw away the ballast covers, throw away the ballast. Future maintenance is reduced to simply screwing in a bulb.
I would love to hear from distributors or electricians. This product is BRAND NEW ,
Tim
American Bandit Corp.
229 248 1010
abandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,002

For a small finders fee I could refer you to an efficiency engineer who just so happens to be in the market for retrofitting all the ancient lighting in a 200k square foot facility. I know he mentioned t-12's. Were talking like 800 fixtures I think is what he said.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introyble View Post
For a small finders fee I could refer you to an efficiency engineer who just so happens to be in the market for retrofitting all the ancient lighting in a 200k square foot facility. I know he mentioned t-12's. Were talking like 800 fixtures I think is what he said.
Thanks for the reply,
Finders fee not a problem. I look at that like a rep. commission.
Let me know if we can hook it together
Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 152

Even though this is basically advertising I'll leave it up for now since it is at least in the introductions forum. Anyone interested PM the OP.

abandit, please change your profile from "electrician" to manufacturer or something like that. Putting electrician make me think you are trying to fake your way in here. Your trade is related so I am sure you will have have some technical input here. Please do not just post information about your company.

If you want to advertise please contact the site admin.
Speedy Petey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Speedy Petey For This Useful Post:
abandit (08-23-2010)
Old 08-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #5

Default The Cruelest Lies are Told in Silence (W.B. Yeats )

Sorry If I offended anyone with my post about the t-12 retrofits. I agree it does look like spam . I saw all the past post about t-12 retrofits and thought that electricians would be interested to know there are alternatives.
It just seemed to me that the folks that do this kind of work would want first hand information about something that they are already working with.
And Yes, as we start setting up distribution , reps and advertising with this product it is probable that sometime in the future that the electricians on this site will hear about it and the thought of this site being a useful tool for electricians will be moot.
John T. Sims
Old 08-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 1,008

No web site yet?

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20100188851

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Don't fight .. Play nice!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Toronto Sparky; 08-23-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Toronto Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #7

Man! You catch on quick !
Old 08-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #8

Default amazing

How could you have possibly known of that pat. publication?
Tim
Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #9
child please.....

Rewards Points: 14

I'd guess google patents?
NolaTigaBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #10

Rewards Points: 2,000

Welcome to the forum.
william1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:34 AM   #11
zen

Rewards Points: 506

i worked for a company called l.i.t. lighting integrated technologies we did the same basic retrofit, plus many others...im not sure where they were out of but i got paid good working for them,,if you can look them up they sell installs as well as all the the material needed. let me know if you make it to texas i got experience,, we did they whole parking garage at dallas love field and the entire campus at UT arlington.
zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #12

Rewards Points: 5,198

For a small finder's fee I can give a better name than BANDIT. How did that come about? It seems like it could run a customer off. We had a guy here in charge of payroll. His last name was CROOK; He seemed suspicious.
RIVETER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:42 AM   #13
zen

Rewards Points: 506

smokey and the bandit
zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:50 PM   #14

Rewards Points: 1,008

Seems there are e few lighting manufacturers that have fixtures called Bandit.

Don't fight .. Play nice!
Toronto Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #15

Default Yes ! Bandit

I started the company in 1986. We built mostly Bandit Reels. For the non salty Bandit reels got there name because most used a car leaf spring for the rod section and a bicycle wheel for the spool. They had the appearance of a one arm bandit slot machine. They were called bandit reels.
This name may not fit into the lighting industry as well as the fishing industry. We are legit , trust me ? Ha! Maybe I can default on all our debt at the bank and tell them " You knew I was a bandit when you let me in " I wish . Contact local C.O.C. or BBB or my bank for that matter, (First Port City Bank), Bainbridge, GA or any of our trade partners for the last 19 years.
I am not aware of any other retrofits with that name. By posting our original message I was trying to make electricians aware that we manufacture alternatives to the T-8 that meet the new LPW standard and most have tax incentives or rebates.